This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2009 + IE8

5 Answers 61 Views
HTMLPlaceHolder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martin Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin Roussel asked on 13 Dec 2010, 01:15 PM

Hi everyone,

we're trying to integrate a HTMLPlaceHolder in our application (we're using Telerik Q3 2009) and have 2 problems:

1-in IE8, The web page tends to scale off outside it's container (RadPane) until i maximize the size of the pane (then it becomes good)....i dont have this problem with Firefox. I have attached a screenshot of the problem

2-Im trying to add an Unloaded handler to hide my holder when im moving my pane (im basing on the HTMLPlaceHolder Firstlook example) by adding the following line and always get this error line: Error   1   'Unloaded' is not an event of 'FormName'

AddHandler Me.Unloaded, New RoutedEventHandler(AddressOf HtmlPlaceholder1_Unloaded)

please help and TIA

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2010, 01:42 PM
Hi Martin Roussel,

In its core, the RadHtmlPlaceholder is an IFrame that is rendered on top of the Silverlight plugin. Therefore, the rendering of RadHtmlPlaceholder's content is based on the browser's rendering mechanism for IFrames. Since we don't have access to this mechanism, we cannot do much about how the browser renders RadHtmlPlaceholder.  However, you can set the RadHtmlPlaceHolder  Width and Height properties. This way the control's size will be static and limited thus not allowing the described behavior.

As for the Unloaded event - there is no such event in Silverlight 3. You will have to create a custom one. However, I am not sure what logic you need to implement in this event. Perhaps if you can send us a sample project illustrating your scenario, we will provide you with a possible workaround.

All the best,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Martin Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2010, 02:23 PM
thanks for the reply,

for problem #2, Im not allowed to submit our code. However, ive attached a new screenshot illustrating the problem: When Im moving my RadPane into my RadDocking (using compass to dock my pane), i would like to hide the placeholder (that stays floating still until i finally drop the pane). I think the demo on this site use the following for such:

Public Sub New()
        InitializeComponent()
        AddHandler Me.Loaded, New RoutedEventHandler(AddressOf HtmlPlaceholder1_Loaded)
        AddHandler Me.Unloaded, New RoutedEventHandler(AddressOf HtmlPlaceholder1_Unloaded)
End Sub

Private Sub HtmlPlaceholder1_Unloaded(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RoutedEventArgs)
        Me.htmlPlaceholder.Visibility = System.Windows.Visibility.Collapsed
End Sub

is there a workaround in SL3 for me? Maybe something else I can rely to to know if im moving my pane or not?

thanks again
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 21 Dec 2010, 05:44 PM
Hi Martin Roussel,

I prepared a sample project implementing a possible workaround to the issue. Can you please have a look at it and let me know if it works for you?

Best wishes,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Martin Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Dec 2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks Tina,

can I have the app in VB instead of CS?

Martin
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 24 Dec 2010, 09:43 PM
Hello Martin Roussel,

Please find attached the VB version of the project. I hope it helps you. Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Tags
HTMLPlaceHolder
Asked by
Martin Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Martin Roussel
Top achievements
Rank 1