This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2011 Upgrade Wizard Issue

5 Answers 103 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 23 Jul 2011, 07:56 PM
I too am having difficulty with the upgrade wizard, although it appears different than other posts.  I am presented with the attached "could not load".  I have updated to the most recent avaialble through VS Extension manager.

Please advise next step(s).

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience. It seems that the VSExtensions did not get upgraded properly for some reason during the installation. Here is a way to manually fix these:

1) Close all Visual Studio instances
2) Use Windows Explorer to check the following two folders for Telerik subfolders and delete them:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions
     [VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\Extensions
3) Visit the Visual Studio Online Gallery and download the Telerik VSExtensions to a folder of your choice
4) Start a Visual Studio 2010 Command Prompt As Administrator and navigate to the folder you downloaded the VSIX file to
5) Run the following command:
    vsixinstaller /a [TelerikWebUIVSIX_FileName.vsix]
6) Repeat steps 3) -> 5) to get any Telerik VSExtensions you need added to your IDE.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 12:24 PM
Hi Erjan,

Thanks very much, this helped quite a bit.
Interestingly, I am no longer able to download updates however and am presented with a failure that indicates a possible invalid credentials. (This may be because I am currently on a trial basis?).

Just more of an FYI.

Thanks again,
Mark
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 12:57 PM
Hi Mark,

No, being a trial user shouldn't affect the download of the trial assemblies.
I'm checking with the other teams what might've happened.

By the way, are you trying to download the official version, or an internal one?

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 01:02 PM
Hi Erjan,

It is your version: 2011.2.0718.0 which addresses a RadGrid issue.  I believe it is a hotfix.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Mark,

Yes, this is a hotfix. The problem happened because we just uploaded a newer hotfix (has the RadGrid issue addressed as well).
It is versioned 2011.2.0725.0. Can you please, try downloading it through the VSExtensions again?

As a side note, the hotfixes can be downloaded only after the EULA for the official version the hotfix is based on has been agreed. In terms of VSExtensions, that would mean that you need to first download the official (2011.2.0712.0) version of the RadControls for Silverlight (either through the VSExtensions or the website) to be able to download the hotfix.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1