Q1 2010 strong name validation problem

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Alex
    Alex avatar
    54 posts

Posted 11 Mar 2010 Link to this post

I have just installed Q1 2010 for Silverlight and if I create a new Telerik Silverlight project and just add Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input to it I get the error below. Also, none of my old projects using Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input work now. I've tried it with VS 2008 SP1 and VS 2010 RC

Error 2 System.IO.FileLoadException was thrown on "D:\VSProjects\RadControlsSilverlightApp1\RadControlsSilverlightApp1\MainPage.xaml": Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input, Version=2010.1.309.1030, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. Strong name validation failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8013141A) D:\VSProjects\RadControlsSilverlightApp1\RadControlsSilverlightApp1\MainPage.xaml 1 1 RadControlsSilverlightApp1
  2. Valeri Hristov
    Admin
    Valeri Hristov avatar
    2252 posts

Hello Alex,

I suppose that your application uses Telerik controls that have references to Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll, for example such controls are RadScheduler and RadGridView. If you do not reference the Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll you could get that exception. Other reason could be mixed versions of the Telerik assemblies, e.g. Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.dll is older than the rest of the assemblies. A sample application could be of great help for the resolution of this problem.

Sincerely yours,
    Valeri Hristov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Alex
    Alex avatar
    54 posts

But I did reference it

I did following:
    1. Uninstalled previous version.
    2. Installed Q1 2010 for Silverlight
    3. Performed Clean of the project in VS 2010
    4. Deleted content of bin an obj folders in my project
    5. When it did not work for my existing app I even created a simple empty application and then just added a reference for Telerik.Windows.Control and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input

It does not work in VS 2008 nor VS 2010RC

4. Alex
    Alex avatar
    54 posts

Posted 15 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Ehm, I would appreciate some help
  5. Valeri Hristov
    Admin
    Valeri Hristov avatar
    2252 posts

Posted 17 Mar 2010 Link to this post

Hello Alex,

I have no ideas how to proceed from now on, so I suppose it would be the best if you open a new support ticket and send me your project. I will see what's wrong with it and will write again immediately.

Kind regards,
    Valeri Hristov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.