This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2010 download is 2009.3.1119.2 when unzipped?

27 Answers 427 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 10 Mar 2010, 02:07 PM
i was so excited to download Q12010, but unzipped, it's the Telerik-OpenAccess-ORM-2009.3.1119.2

:(

27 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 03:01 PM
Hi Steve,

It seems we are having some problems with the web site and we are working on that now. Hopefully we will fix the problem in a few hours and you will be able to download the new build. We will notify you in this thread when this happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah the version notes\changes page is unthemed as well

http://www.telerik.com/VersionNotes.aspx?id=2181
Geoff Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 03:37 PM
Thank god somebody noticed this as well. Also noticed that JustCode is 2010.1.305 when it's stating that the latest build is 2010.1.309!
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 04:01 PM
Whats also annoying is the " Click here to post a reply or unsubscribe from this thread.. " links in email are always broken...handy
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 04:29 PM
Hello Guys,

We are in the process of uploading the correct deliverables so later today it will be available.
We apologize for the improper setup.

Greetings,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 04:52 PM
I thought it was my browser!  I think I tried downloading it over 10 times.  I even tried typing in the address to the file manually, even though i put in 2010, i get 2009.   bummer!

MNP
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 06:15 PM
Open Access ORM seems to now be updated - Looks like the updated the version to 2010.1.310.2
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 06:52 PM
the Unzipped version is that...version?
Geoff Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 07:17 PM
Downloaded the 2010.1.309.2 version but where has Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.dll gone? Is it me? Do you have to use Extent from another dll or something?

Also how do you access this new designer goodness? I thought I saw something like Add New Item/Telerik OpenAccess Domain Model sort of thing but I can't see it. I am trying to modify an existing ORM class library though so maybe my approach is wrong. I am using VS2010 RC as well, I have no VS2008 installed.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 08:00 PM
I am unable to get anything to run.

It keeps telling me I am missing a reference now to the 2009 version when testing my web app... 

I know that all my code and dll's reference the 2010 version.. I can see this in reflector too.

Everything Builds just fine.

I also noticed you got rid of .Query... I added a reference to the .35Extensions.dll  to get to "Extent".

It also seems like we are Required to have a web.config file for WAP development?  If that is true then I am not a happy camper at all.  I cant build my project without it, otherwise open access gives me an error saying it cannot reference the connection information.

Whats up with this release? Not looking good so far.  

BTW, I CANNOT FIND THE VISUAL DESIGNER ANYWHERE! WHERE IS IT!

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 08:18 PM
Error 275 OpenAccess Error: 
The following problem(s) have occurred :

1. The configuration file 'C:\data\projects\DNN\5_Install\DesktopModules\XXXXX\web.config' as specified in the project properties under ConfigFile cannot be found.
Please check this property and either make sure, that the file exists or empty the ConfigFile property.
Ensure either that the path to the file is correct and that the file is accessible, or leave the config file property empty to generate a new configuration file. XXXX.Biz.UI

Geoff Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Brian,

You said you got to Extent by referencing Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions. I've added that but still can't resolve it, has Extent moved from IObjectScope.Extent<>? did you have to use a different namespace?

EDIT: Ah, I got it working now... I was referencing Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions with a .NET 4.0 web application and it wasn't working so I did the following.

1. Uninstall ORM.
2. Run VS2010 RC which then complained about DataWizard plug-in not being able to be loaded, accepted to remove it and closed.
3. Re-installed the ORM.
4. Added references to both Telerik.OpenAccess.35.Extensions (Yep, ExtentQuery is there) as well as Telerik.OpenAccess.40.Extensions which doesn't have ExtentQuery, not sure why or whether or not I need to include both for .NET 4.0 development, very confusing to say the least.
5. Recompiled and everything is now okay.

Lost the DataWizard option in the menu though and can't find the new designer stuff anywhere but my project compiles. I did notice though that I had to manually update the version number in all my webforms that had an OpenAccessDataSource in it!
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 09:13 PM
Yes I just added the reference to 35.Extensions.dll 

Looks like the Telerik.OpenAccess.Query namespace is now contained there.

I just have " using Telerik.OpenAccess " now

For some reason I cannot get my web app to run though.  

I WAS able to create a console application and get OpenAccess working.  

There is something funky on the web part though and I cant figure it out.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks Geoff,

I was able to get it going by going your route as well.

I uninstalled OpenAcess completely. 
Loaded Visual Studio 2008 & 2010
Closed Visual Studio 2008 & 2010
Installed OpenAccess 2010.

I then checked the web app and it loaded!!! I wonder if I had something stuck in the GAC or Memory.  

Very weird.

Still no sign of any visual designer... 
Geoff Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:13 PM
Glad you got it working Brian, not sure either as to why it's just not working out of the box. Know you said you haven't got the designer support as you have stated but do you have the DataWizard option?
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, what the F, where's the designer?  The big new features listed on the blogs and whats new are nowhere to be found...
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:24 PM
I ran the addin utility in the installation folder with no changes.

I dont see anything for DataWizard either.

I see an option for "Add DataForm" ?  That seems to only come up when I right click the project class and find the OpenAccess section on the context menu.    Not sure if thats what your looking for though.

I really wish they would at least include BASIC documentation for us.  All the docs are the same as from November, nothing has changed since then?

I really don't want to have to wait for a webinar to ask questions.

I honestly feel like we are receiving an Incomplete product.  

How can you not include documentation?????

sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:27 PM
I see documentation in the local help file on HOW TO USE the designers, but nowhere does it say how to enable it...I was assuming it would be from one of the wizards or something....but yeah....I understand they were probably rushed to get this out same day, but come on...the "whats new" doesnt list any fixes, just new features we dont see
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:34 PM

In Visual Studio, try to Add a new item to your project.

I found "Telerik OpenAccess Domain Model" under the "Data" section.

Maybe this is it?
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:36 PM
I dont have that...2008 or 2010?

Telerik, can someone PLEASE just let us know what the deal is?

*EDIT: okay it's in 2008...so not full 2010 support then
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 10:39 PM
Looks like this is it.

I did run the add in installer, maybe give that a shot.

I found it under this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\OpenAccess ORM\sdk\Telerik.OpenAccess.AddinInstaller.exe

I ran the program and noticed I had a few Red Errors, I clicked the install button and they went green.

Geoff Davis
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Mar 2010, 11:02 PM
I ran the installer, no joy, still don't have support in VS2010 RC, no new item to use and still no DataWizard... Don't have VS2008 installed so can't check that.

What a bummer!
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2010, 01:44 PM
Hi Guys,

The upload problem is already fixed. Now the correct binaries are in the package.

Currently the designer works in VS2008, support for VS 2010 will be provided later on but prior to the official release of VS 2010. But, yes it will be there. Also you gain access to the new designer through the "Add New Item" sequence in Visual Studio, that is right.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 04:13 AM
We demo'ed Open Access in december including the DSW beta.  Everything worked really well and the samples were a great help.  Now we have bought the package and it seems that Q1 2010 breaks just about every sample, no support for DSW and no instructions on how to make projects created with previous versions work.  Is there an updated guide for this release that im missing?
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 04:32 AM
Its been released for a couple weeks, I was hoping for at least once blog post on an OpenAccess topic.

What if you tell each OA team member to write a blog post each day after lunch showing us a practical example scenarios and\or upgrading older projects to the new rlinq model.  Because right now I don't see a reason to even move there, the Rev\Forward mapping seems to work for me...I still don't know why I need it
Charlie Brown
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 04:19 PM
Hi,

I am charlie.
I want to know How can i download Q1 2010 version. We have account with telerik but i didnt find any link to download new version.

Thanks
Charlie.
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Charlie Brown,
Just download the original binaries again as we substituted them with the right version.
Also we are  gearing for an internal build with a lot of fixes and some small enhancements which should be available by the end of the week.

Sincerely yours,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
sitefinitysteve