This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2010 Demo design view not working

1 Answer 59 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Pierre asked on 18 Mar 2010, 10:02 PM
Hi, I am new to Silverlight application. I start to learn how to work with telerik silverlight control. When I load the sample in VS2010 and then open the app.xaml, I can't see the result in the design pane. I receive this error:

Intentionally left blank
The document root element is not supported by the visual designer.

I then try to open example.xaml in the maskedTextBox and i got this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Telerik.Windows.Controls.ResourceParser..cctor() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\Release_SL\Sources\Development\Core\Controls\Common\ResourceParser.cs:line 57

Do I miss something?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 09:24 AM
Hello Pierre,

About your first question, VS2010 Designer supports only Panel, Page, ContentControl and their derivatives as the root element. Because of this, the message you have received is correct. Check this link for more information.

For MaskedTextBox error, I tried to reproduce it but without succeed. Could you please send us more information about your VS2010 version,  Telerik RadControls installation package version and which regional settings you are using ? Also, have you installed a previous version of the Telerik RadControls ?
This will help us to clarify the problem. Thank you!

Sincerely yours,
Yordanka
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
Share this question