This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problems with RadDatePicker in Q2 2010 SP1

2 Answers 116 Views
DatePicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter Staev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter Staev asked on 15 Sep 2010, 01:28 PM
Greetings,

Since one of the last versions of the SL4 controls, we are experiencing the following problems with the RadDatePicker. As far as I remember all these were working OK with the previous versions:

1. We have a RadDatePicker, which SelectedDate property is bound to a business object. All seems to work fine, but if the business object is updated in codebehind the SelectedDate is not updated to the new value of the property to which it is bound.
  2. If you manually type a date in the RadDatePicker (w/o using the Calendar pop-up) the SelectionChanged event is not fired until the control looses focus. Problem is we use the selection of the RadDatePicker with some calculations, and because the SelectionChanged is not fired, those calculations are not fired as well.
  3. (Probably related to the above problems) If you enter manually a date (w/o using the Calendar popup) and there is need to use the SelectedDate property in some events where the focus of the RadDatePicker control is not lost, the SelectedDate property is not updated with the new value that was entered in the DatePicker even though the value is correctly entered. 

Please advise how to overcome those problems or if we are doing something wrong. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
George
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2010, 03:19 PM
Hello Peter,

Thank you for contacting us.

We introduced our new RadDateTimePicker control this Q2 release and we made some required changes with date and time pickers. We tried to make as few changes to the controls as it is possible. Now RadDatePicker and RadTimePicker controls inherit RadDateTimePicker.

The answer to 1st and 3th question - I would suggest you to download our latest internal build and to use SelectedValue instead of SelectedDate. Try it and let me know if you still have any problems.

About 2nd question - I would suggest you to use ParseDateTimeValue event instead of SelectionChanged in your scenario. ParseDateTimeValue event fires every time when you type in the TextBox. You can use IsParsingSuccessful property of the ParseDateTimeEventArgs indicating whether the parsing is successful or not.

I hope this helps! I will be glad to assist you further.

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Peter Staev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for your answers! Using SelectedValue did the trick and also seems the other 2 problems were fixed in the latest internal; build.
Tags
DatePicker
Asked by
Peter Staev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Peter Staev
Top achievements
Rank 1