This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with VS2010 extension update

3 Answers 65 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 13 Sep 2012, 03:09 PM
Hello,
This morning I just installed the version 912 of RadControls for Silverlight.
This afternoon, VS2010 tells me there are updates 913 of the extensions for Silverlight and WPF.
The update works correctly for WPF, but the Silverlight update has installed version 815 and at each start it tells me that there is an update.
Patrick

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 10:44 AM
Hello Patrick,

Thank you for contacting us!

It seems that the upgrade of the Telerik Silverlight VSExtensions is unable to proceed. I suggest you to uninstall them and then install the latest version through the Online gallery available through the Visual Studio Extension Manager.

This will resolve the issue on your side. If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 18 Sep 2012, 09:05 AM
Petar,
it was really difficult to uninstall the VS extension. I first uninstalled it from VS, the process seems correct but the extension is still here after restarting VS. I then uninstalled from Programs and Features, using the Change option from RadControls for Silverlight; after restarting VS, it's still here. I then unisntalled it again from VS and it was finally off.
Reinstalling it from the Extension Manager installs the right 913 version.
But why the simple installation of the RadControls, then updating when VS indicates that there is a new version, installs version 815 without any possibility to update automatically?
Patrick
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Patrick,

I don't have clear answer to your question. It is designed to work as you have described. It is tested as well in our test environment. It seems though that under some circumstances the upgrade process fails. I hope that you won't experience the problem any more.

Should you need any future assistance don't hesitate to write us again.

Regards,
Petar
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team