This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

presentation namespace not working in Q3 2011

4 Answers 58 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sam asked on 27 Oct 2011, 11:20 PM
When using the latest beta dlls for Q3 2011, I cannot use the presentation namespace:

If I use regular namespace conventions:

xmlns:telerik="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting"

The controls resolve correctly.  This seemed to also happen when I used the minifier tool on previous non-beta dlls in the past.  

We use the schemas namespace everywhere, so it will be a huge pain if we have to hunt down and change all the different namespaces in our projects.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2011, 02:09 PM
Hi,

same problem here. It seems like this is a Charting specific problem. All other controls can resolve under the default presentation namespace.

A fix would be great!

Best Regards,
Peter
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2011, 06:48 PM
Same problem here with Q3 2011 Beta.  It is not isolated to just Charting as one poster stated.

When I have the telerik http namespace in my .xaml files, they do not compile since they cannot find the Telerik classes

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Oct 2011, 06:58 PM
I have a fix for this.

1. Open up each xaml file that references the Telerik http:// namespace
  2. Delete the xmlns:telerik namespace line of text
  3. Save
  4. Re-add the telerik namespace
  5. Save

For Telerik's information, my installation process was as such:
  1. Uninstall Q2 2011
  2. Install Q3 2011 Beta
  3. Open Visual Studio 2010
  4. Telerik's VS 2010 update tool asked me if I wanted to switch my projects over to using Q3 2010.  I clicked yes.
  5. The auto-upgrade seemed to fail because all the Telerik references in the Solution Explorer were showing error
  6. I deleted the Telerik references and readded them
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2011, 09:31 AM
Hi there,

Indeed your observations are correct -- RadChart was removed from the default presentation namespace for the BETA release due to some conflicts with the new RadChartingKit and you will need to replace the telerik prefix for chart components like this:

For RadChart
xmlns:chart="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting"

For all other chart components (series definitions, axes, etc.)
xmlns:charting="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Charting"

We understand that making this change for a large codebase would be inconvenient and we will do our best to resolve the conflicts between RadChart and RadChartingKit and restore the RadChart control to the default presentation namespace for the official Q3 release.

Kind regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin
Top achievements