This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Ports 9898 and 9897 seems to be unavailable

3 Answers 134 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
olav
Top achievements
Rank 1
olav asked on 25 Aug 2011, 01:39 PM
Hi,

As we have all other Telerik products I thought maybe I'll give TeamPulse a try, maybe to integrate with our TFS.
Right now I don't have a firewall expert ready, I was hoping someone could give me ideas on how to proceed:

- Out of convenience I installed TeamPulse on the same server as SharePoint and TFS.
- From this server http://servername:9898 works nicely, but the same URI times out from all other computers in the local network.
- In comparison, http://servername:3447 (SharePoint administration) works from any computer, no action taken at the firewall.
- We are using MS Forefront TMG at the edge. I can't see that any ports should have been blocked within the internal network.
- Running netstat -a at servername shows that the port is used locally, but does not show up running the same command from a client computer.

Just testing the Community Edition (2011.2.815.0), I'll try the Standard Edition once I can access the installation in a more convenient way.
Would be grateful for any comments!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
olav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2011, 02:35 PM
Anybody knows, can ports be changed simply by adjusting settings in IIS Manager?
Thanks. (no big deal, TFS is still ok for our use)
Accepted
Joel
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2011, 03:21 PM
Hello Olav,

I've attached a short video describing how to open a port.  If this does not work for you, it is possible to use IIS Manager to change the ports that TeamPulse uses, however, if you do this, you will need to change a couple things in the web.config files for the TeamPulse and User Management sites.  In the TeamPulse web.config file you would need to change the value of the UserManagementURL app setting to reflect the new port.  Likewise, in the User Management site web.config, you would need to change the TeamPulseURL value.

Regards,
Joel
the Telerik team
TeamPulse R2 Officially Released!
Do you want to know what's new and be able to directly talk to our professionals?
Reserve a seat for the Weekly Live Demo !
olav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Aug 2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks Joel,

Yes, the Windows Firewall turned out to be running after all..

Best,
Olav
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
olav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
olav
Top achievements
Rank 1