Outlook 2016, Office 365 - error 0xcaa70004

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kevin
    Kevin avatar
    7 posts

Posted 26 Feb 2018 Link to this post

I have fiddler v5.0.20173.50948 

I was recently migrated at work to Outlook 2016 (version 16.0.9001.2080) and an Office 365 mailbox.

When fiddler is active and capturing traffic, I will periodically (approximately every half hour or so) have Outlook attempt authentication, only to pop a dialog that says

"You'll need the internet for this"

with an error code of 0xCAA70004

and outlook will no longer function, unless I turn off fiddler capture & restart Outlook.

I am capturing and decrypting HTTPS traffic, but only for the hosts related to my work as a developer. I tried to relax filters to see all HTTPS traffic and I don't see where fiddler is getting in the way of Outlook.

I have tried disabling IPv6 (tools / options / general), and the steps on http://toenailclippings.idealworld.net/2016/10/we-are-unable-to-connect-right-now/

Neither have worked. Thanks for the help.

2. Alexander
    Admin
    Alexander avatar
    383 posts

Posted 05 Mar 2018 Link to this post

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the problem you have. However, I will try to provide you with a workaround, so you are not blocked by this.

In order to view all sessions (including filtered ones) you can go to Help -> Troubleshoot. All sessions that are going to be filtered in "non-troubleshooting" mode will be written with strike-though font. Then you should be able to see the Outlook sessions. Then you can go to Tools -> Options -> Connections and add the Outlook URL in the "Bypass Fiddler for URLs that start with" field. When done, go to Help -> Troubleshoot to disable the "troubleshooting mode".

Regards,
    Alexander
    Progress Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Monika
    Monika avatar
    1 posts

Posted 26 Aug 2018 in reply to Kevin Link to this post

I also faced this issue and found my PST file gets corrupt while switching my outlook, and i found solution to repair my PST file here http://www.tech-number.com/shop/outlook-error/outlook-pst-file-is-not-a-personal-folder-file-ms-outlook-error/

I dont know how this website is surviving, coz they are helping us like free of cost. 

4. Simeon
    Admin
    Simeon avatar
    231 posts

Posted 30 Aug 2018 Link to this post

Hi Monika,

Thanks for sharing the solution with us.

Regards,
    Simeon
    Progress Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items