This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Outlook 2016, Office 365 - error 0xcaa70004

3 Answers 4204 Views
Fiddler Classic
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin asked on 26 Feb 2018, 07:47 AM

I have fiddler v5.0.20173.50948 

I was recently migrated at work to Outlook 2016 (version 16.0.9001.2080) and an Office 365 mailbox.

When fiddler is active and capturing traffic, I will periodically (approximately every half hour or so) have Outlook attempt authentication, only to pop a dialog that says

"You'll need the internet for this"

with an error code of 0xCAA70004

and outlook will no longer function, unless I turn off fiddler capture & restart Outlook.

I am capturing and decrypting HTTPS traffic, but only for the hosts related to my work as a developer. I tried to relax filters to see all HTTPS traffic and I don't see where fiddler is getting in the way of Outlook.

I have tried disabling IPv6 (tools / options / general), and the steps on http://toenailclippings.idealworld.net/2016/10/we-are-unable-to-connect-right-now/

Neither have worked. Thanks for the help.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2018, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the problem you have. However, I will try to provide you with a workaround, so you are not blocked by this.

In order to view all sessions (including filtered ones) you can go to Help -> Troubleshoot. All sessions that are going to be filtered in "non-troubleshooting" mode will be written with strike-though font. Then you should be able to see the Outlook sessions. Then you can go to Tools -> Options -> Connections and add the Outlook URL in the "Bypass Fiddler for URLs that start with" field. When done, go to Help -> Troubleshoot to disable the "troubleshooting mode".

Regards,
Alexander
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Monika
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2018, 11:55 AM

I also faced this issue and found my PST file gets corrupt while switching my outlook, and i found solution to repair my PST file here http://www.tech-number.com/shop/outlook-error/outlook-pst-file-is-not-a-personal-folder-file-ms-outlook-error/

I dont know how this website is surviving, coz they are helping us like free of cost. 

Simeon
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2018, 01:05 PM
Hi Monika,

Thanks for sharing the solution with us.

Regards,
Simeon
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Fiddler Classic
Asked by
Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Monika
Top achievements
Rank 1