This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OpenAccess with Lightswitch 2012

4 Answers 63 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Algimantas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Algimantas asked on 06 Sep 2012, 07:35 AM
I am trying to test using OA with Lightswitch 2012.  Am running into problems.

Create the WCF RIA services under VS2012.   Creating a Lightswitch 2012 project I can attach the DataSource to it, but when I build a screen based on the data source I get the dreaded Red X "Unable to load data" .  Any advice?  Anyone else had this problem.

Using the same WCF RIA services build under VS2012, I can create a Lightswitch 2011 project, attach data source, building a screen everything works.  Must be something simple but I can not find it.  Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Mantas.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 10 Sep 2012, 01:47 PM
Hello Algimantas,

Currently we do have some known problems with the latest version of Lightswitch. The problem is that in the latest version they changed the way the client side code generation needs to be generated and currently our implementation does not comply with the latest requirements. This is something that we will address in our of our next service packs or releases.

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
Follow @OpenAccessORM Twitter channel to be the first one to get the latest updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs!
Algimantas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2012, 08:40 AM
Thank you for your reply.

Would you be able to give an approximate time scale for this please?

Many thanks
Algimantas.
PetarP
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2012, 11:12 AM
Hello Algimantas,

Unfortunately I am not able to give you an exact time frame as when this will be done as we already have a lot of feature in mind for the upcoming release but I believe that we will be able to push that in for the first service pack after the Q3 release.
Will that work for you?

Greetings,
Petar
the Telerik team
Follow @OpenAccessORM Twitter channel to be the first one to get the latest updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs!
Algimantas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2012, 08:33 AM
Hi Thank you,  Look forward to the service pack.
Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Algimantas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
PetarP
Telerik team
Algimantas
Top achievements
Rank 1