This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Open Access ORM

1 Answer 44 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Srinivas Chitta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Srinivas Chitta asked on 18 May 2010, 12:18 PM
Hi ,

As of the reply to the support ID:310580, two more questions regarding this.

1. What about the connection properties. From where we can define this to change it for new database. As I see, the DAL layer is generated using development-side database settings.

2. Should we rebuild the solution for the changes to take effect? If so, does client machine needs Visual Studio and we need to carry the code for building?>

Regards,
Srinvas

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 04:33 PM
Hi Srinivas Chitta,

I am sorry for the incomplete answer to your question in the provided ticket.
1. You could change the connection strings settings under the configuration file within your application:
- Open the App.config file from the data layer project;
- If the connection string is specified under the connectionStrings node you should change the provided settings there. Otherwise change the connection string settings from the openaccess/connections section;
2. You should use the VSchema tool to generate the database schema using the compiled data layer project. I recommend you reading the following help article “Schema Generation”.
I think that will help you.

Best wishes,
Damyan Bogoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Srinivas Chitta
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Damyan Bogoev
Telerik team
Share this question
or