This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office 365 - Silverlight Client Object Model

2 Answers 79 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Alan asked on 25 Aug 2011, 03:12 AM
Hi guys,

I realise Telerik offer a Sharepoint package using your Silverlight controls, however,  can only use them with Shaprepoint 2010 on a 64-bit server which I don't have. I've instead opted for an Office 365 account so now have Sharepoint Onlince instead.

Apparently using the Silverlight Client Object Model allows you to connect to Sharepoint online. There are examples with Office365 SDK which I haven't yet looked at.

My question is can I use Telerik Silverlight Controls with the Silverlight COM for connection to Office 365 would Telerik provide support/example/tutorials?

Thanks in advance. Al.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 30 Aug 2011, 04:00 PM
Hi Webal,

You can use all RadControls for Silverlight when developing SharePoint Online solutions. And even though in these tutorial videos a sever is used to host the SharePoint solution, you can implement the same approach when developing a SharePoint online solution. For example in this tutorial you can replace the DataGrid with a RadGridView and still implement the described scenario.

If however, you encounter any issues, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 13 Sep 2011, 04:16 AM
Thanks Tina for your reply. Al.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alan
Top achievements
Rank 1