This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Need to get older VS 2010 Extensions

3 Answers 161 Views
General Information
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
c
Top achievements
Rank 1
c asked on 03 Feb 2017, 07:41 PM

We have several Telerik products and are using them on Visual Studio 2010.  We are in the process of upgrading our systems and I need to re-installed the VS Extensions on my new system but I have a problem.  The current extension manager updates try to install versions new builds where the VS2010 is not valid.

Is there any way that I can get the older extension installations or backup\copy my old machine extensions over to the new machine?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Garo
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2017, 08:37 AM
Hello,

You can download the AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio 2010 from here. Please, have in mind that we have deprecated our Visual Studio 2010 support with the AppBuilder 3.5.4 release. This information is available in this blog post as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Garo
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
c
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2017, 04:34 PM

I do not need the app build I need the extensions that were build and in installed using the VS Extensions Manager.  The VS Extensions are build and published by Telerik

- Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions  v 2016.4.1021.0

- Telerik ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions  v 2016.4.1021.0

- Telerik WinForms VSExtensions v 2016.4.1021.0

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2017, 07:56 AM

Hi,

I recommend you use the latest version of the extensions from the VS Gallery. They are the best available version with the most features.

If you need these older versions for a specific reason, you have two options:

• Download the .msi installers for each respective product for the version you are after. They bring the VS Extensions as well, so you can opt to have them installed.
  • Open a support ticket and we can send you the vsix files directly.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Information
Asked by
c
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Garo
Telerik team
c
Top achievements
Rank 1