This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

MobileListView - Endless Scrolling Issues - 2013.3.1119

4 Answers 95 Views
ListView (Mobile)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bill asked on 03 Mar 2014, 06:59 PM
I have an issue where my list view:

1) Does not display the appropriate number of items set for the page size.  It displays 1/2 of the set items.
2) The loading twirly displays 100% of the time.
3) When attempting to scroll the list view, sometimes the list view gets stuck further down the view that what it should.

Are there any known issues that would be causing these problems with 2013.3.1119?

I'm not doing anything special.  Here's the code:

@(Html.Kendo().MobileListView<VINspinAppsMobile.Web.Areas.CRM.Models.Leads.SelectLeadListViewModel>()
    .Name("SelectLeadListView")
    .TemplateId("SelectLeadListViewTemplate")
    .EndlessScroll(true)
    .ScrollTreshold(30)
    .Filterable(filter => filter.Field("DisplayName").Operator("startswith"))
    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
        .Read(read => read.Url(Url.GetUrlRoot() + "/CRM/Leads").Data("additionalData"))
        .PageSize(10)))

<script type="text/x-kendo-tmpl" id="SelectLeadListViewTemplate">
    <a href="@Url.GetUrlRoot()/CRM/Leads/EditLead?leadId=#=LeadId#">#:DisplayName#</a>
</script>

<script>
    function additionalData() {
        return {
            allOwners: true,
            ownerId: null,
            leadStatusId: null
        };
    }
</script>

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Mar 2014, 09:33 PM
I've just upgraded to 2013.3.1324.  This did not help.  I still have the issues.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2014, 09:33 AM
Hello Bill,

The issues that you are having are due to incorrect pageSize configuration of the Kendo UI Mobile ListView. I would suggest you to check the following article, that gives you more information how to correctly configure the ListView and also why you do not see the same number of items as you have specified in the pageSize option:

http://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/getting-started/mobile/listview#press-to-load-more-/-endless-scrolling

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks Kiril.  I guess I didn't fully grasp how the endless scrolling was intended to be used.

I'll disable it for now as I can't guarantee that there will be at least x number of records.  I'd rather not get into dynamically setting ListView options right now.  I was hoping it would work out of the box.
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2014, 12:26 PM
Hi Bill,

I am glad that you found my answer helpful.

The endless scrolling works out of the box, but as its a really complex implementation it requires some fine tuning. If you follow the steps in the tutorial that I provided it should be easy enough to set up and work as expected.

The endless scrolling is suitable for scenarios where you need to load a lot of records in your ListView. You said that you cannot guarantee that there will be x number of records, this makes me think that you do not need to loaded a bunch of records, so in this scenario the static ListView would be the better approach.

Regards,
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
ListView (Mobile)
Asked by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kiril Nikolov
Telerik team