This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization?

4 Answers 169 Views
RichTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adriano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adriano asked on 19 Mar 2011, 08:12 PM
Hi, is the UI of RadRichTextBox localizable? We have generated a Word-like editor using your wizard but some labels (for example, those in FindReplaceDialog) are localizable in not english languages?

Thank you
Adriano

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boby
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 04:36 PM
Hello Adriano,

Localization of RadRichTextBox is already fully supported, although this is not well documented for now. You could refer to the following article about localizing RadControls in general. As RadRichTextBox doesn't have detailed description of its resource keys, I have prepared you sample resource file (find attached) that you can use for your translation. If you are interested in localization of the RadRichTextBoxRibbonUI you should know that this control is fully customizable through XAML, so you can put your localized strings directly in there.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have other questions or need further assistance.

Greetings,
Boby
the Telerik team
Fatima
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Dec 2012, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I have the same probleme in richtextbox,i want localized  the property of radiobutton lefttoRight & RigthToleft in window Paragraphe but i cant find it in attached file  .

thank you

Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 10:19 AM
Hello Fatima,

Thank you for your question.

Indeed the localization strings for LeftToRight and RightToLeft are missing in the attached file. This is so because Boby's post is for an older version of the controls.

The localization keys you have asked about are:
Documents_ParagraphPropertiesDialog_Direction_LeftToRight
Documents_ParagraphPropertiesDialog_Direction_RightToLeft. 

In this knowledge base article you could find all localization strings that RadRichTextBox and its default UI use. You can also refer to this article which describes how the localization of RadRichTextBox can be done.

I hope this information helps. Please, do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Vasil
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Fatima
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2012, 10:36 AM

it's so helpful ,kindly regards!

Tags
RichTextBox
Asked by
Adriano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by