This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Load testing

5 Answers 121 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Syed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Syed asked on 18 Oct 2011, 12:29 PM
Hi,

My company is  exploring telerik  by using trial version Test studio , we want know does it supports telerik controls load testing ?
I have read the document but couldn't found much information on this topic.

Thanks
Ali.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Cody
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2011, 03:49 PM
Hello Syed,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate Test Studio for your test automation needs. Test Studio excels at function, and regression testing for HTML, ASP.NET, Silverlight and WPF applications. It also includes performance testing for HTML, ASP.NET, Silverlight. Our performance testing will measure how your application performs for a single user.

At this time we do not have load testing ability, i.e. how does your application behave when accessed by multiple users simultaneously. It is on our TODO list, but I cannot offer a date when we will have this implemented. Keep in mind a purchase today entitles you to one full year of free upgrades and priority support which guarantees a response within 24 hours (on business days).

I hope this answers your question. Please do not hesitate to contact with further questions!

Greetings,
Cody
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Mehmet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Nov 2011, 12:35 PM

Hi,

We can use our automated testing scripts as a input of Performance Test in Telerik Test Studio.  But we learnt that you have not implemeted Load Test ability yet. On the other hand ,  Performance Testing which is created in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Web Performance Test tool can be used as a input of building Load Testing in VS2010 Web Performance Test Tool.

Is it possible to use functional or Performance testing ,which are cretated in Telerik , as a input of building Load Testing in VS2010 Web Performance Test Tool ?

Cody
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2011, 04:32 PM
Hello Mehmet,

Unfortunately no this is not possible. The two use very different technologies for performing their tests. Test Studio tests will drive the browser as if a real human was sitting there interacting with that browser.

This is a very different approach compared to VS2010 Web tests. VS2010 Web tests record the HTTP traffic sent and received between the browser and the web server. When you execute your test it is simply playing back that traffic (with some intelligence) and pretending to be the browser. They do not launch a real browser and let that browser interact with the web server.

While their approach does allow their web tests to be used in load testing, it prevents other types of tests that we excel at such as:

- How does your application behave in different versions of real browsers
- Does the JavaScript work properly
- Does an AJAX postback work properly
- Silverlight testing

Here's a white paper comparing the two.
http://www.telerik.com/documents/automated-testing-tools/Comparing-Telerik-Test_Studio-to-Visual-Studio-2010-Test-Edition4.pdf

Best wishes,
Cody
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Mehmet
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Nov 2011, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your replying. I learnt that Adding Load Testing feature into the Telerik Test Studio is on your todo list and you couldn`t give exact time. Would you mind If I want to learn that is there a plan to complete this feature i.e. 3 or 4 months?
Daniel Levy
Telerik team
answered on 07 Nov 2011, 02:27 PM
Hello Mehmet,

Thanks for writing.

Load Testing is indeed something we are looking into for a future release, however we do not yet have a timeframe for such functionality. I encourage you to check our public roadmap page every couple of weeks - we hope to have this page updated in the next month or so with details of our forthcoming release. 

Greetings,
Daniel Levy
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Syed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Cody
Telerik team
Mehmet
Top achievements
Rank 1