This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Layout Cycle Detected

1 Answer 98 Views
JumpList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ilija
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ilija asked on 20 Nov 2012, 10:37 AM
Hi,

I never had this exception before. And it's really hard to debug.

I use a JumpList to display a large collection of entries in a Panorama control on Windows Phone 7. I am using the last stable release of the Phone components, and tried already the internal build as well.

The problem occurs, when I navigate to another page, and return to Main.xaml which contains the Panorama control. When I remove the PanoramaItem that contains the JumpList, the error does not occur.

Please let me know, what further Informations you need, because I really want to release that project in the next few days :)

Thank you very much.

Update: I read this thread here on SO and will check my solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/636245/silverlight-error-layout-cycle-detected-layout-could-not-complete-when-using-c

But please let me know, if you need further information's.

UPDATE: I can ignore the Exception, but it will give me a black screen when I switch back to Main.xaml for about half of a second. Not sexy but until the error is nailed - solution. And I am unable to get the stack trace of the exception, so I assume, that it occurs somewhere inside your control.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2012, 03:10 PM
Hello Ilija,

Thanks for writing and please excuse us for the delay with our answer.

Based on the information you are sharing we are not able to exactly tell what happens. We haven't experienced similar behavior before and therefore it might be related to specifics within your scenario.

Can you please isolate the exception in a separate project or directly send us your app so that we can debug it on our side and see how we can help?

Please note that you will have to open a new support ticket in order to be able to attach your project.

Thanks for your time.

All the best,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
JumpList
Asked by
Ilija
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or