This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Latest internal build reports as Q2 2009 in SilverlightSpy

1 Answer 68 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tom asked on 06 Aug 2009, 09:55 AM
Not sure if this is a problem with my build, a problem somewhere else, or not a problem at all...

I've installed the latest internal build 2009.2.724.1020 and have replaced all my Q2 2009 (2009.2.701.1020) references with references to the internal build dlls. This all looks correct, and I can see the correct build number when I look at properties of the references in VS.

However I'm doing debugging of a WCF/Web service issue using Silverlight Spy, and I noticed that the object browser of this tool, which presumably shows whats actually running inside the Silverlight app, reports all the Telerik components as the original build number.

Is this expected, or does it mean that I am not actually running the latest internal build at all?

This tool (Silverlight Spy) looks very promising by the way!

Tom

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Aug 2009, 06:08 AM
Update - might have something to do with how I installed the internal build.

There really should be a quick readme or knowledge base article about where to copy / install them. I unzipped into a new folder, and replaced all my references with references to the new build.

When I later replaced all the existing Q2 2009 files with the ones from the new build it seems to have worked better, and I am now seeing the correct version numbers when viewing with Silverlight Spy.

Tom

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tom
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question