This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JustTrace and Visual Studio 2015

13 Answers 415 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Kori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Kori asked on 26 Aug 2015, 06:00 PM
It was working just fine until the latest release (v2015.2.803) where support seems to have been removed. Why is that?

13 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 31 Aug 2015, 01:47 PM
Hi kfrancis,

The reason for removing the experimental support of Visual Studio 2015 was a breaking change introduced in the Visual Studio 2015 RTM release.

For now it's not in our plans to reintroduce the Visual Studio 2015 support in JustTrace. Please excuse us if this brought any inconvenience to you.

We suggest that you use the standalone version of the JustTrace program to accomplish the profiling of your applications instead.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kori
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Aug 2015, 02:07 PM
A single change means Telerik changes their business plan regarding a product that has been available with Visual Studio for the last 3 major versions (five years)? That doesn't make any sense to me personally. Even if Microsoft has similar features, that doesn't mean users prefer Microsoft's specific tool. I much prefer the interface and detail provided by JustTrace, while I also prefer using the latest version of Visual Studio.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2015, 02:00 PM
Hello,

I understand your concerns and the inconvenience this causes to you and all the developers that are used to seamless integration of JustTrace with Visual Studio. However for now it is not on our roadmap to fix the problem with Visual Studio 2015 and provide support for it.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience once again.

Regards,
Iana Tsolova
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2015, 08:48 PM

"For now it's not in our plans to reintroduce the Visual Studio 2015 support in JustTrace"

Well take my comment as a feature? request. 

Maarten
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Nov 2015, 09:33 PM

Hi, 

The product page (http://www.telerik.com/products/memory-performance-profiler.aspx) tells us that it is Visual Studio 2015 ready ...

Maarten

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2015, 02:40 PM
Hello,

Thank you for reporting that issue to us. We will remove the label from the web site soon as it is not correct.

JustTrace does not have integration with Visual Studio 2015 currently. In case you are using Visual Studio 2015 for development, we suggest that you use the standalone JustTrace program for profiling.

Regards,
Iana Tsolova
Telerik
Paula
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2015, 11:21 AM

Seems the new visual studio 2015 generates a different pdb file and JustTrace can't trace the code correctly, if you compile your program with Visual Studio 2013 it will work just fine.

I think you must be more serious, we are nearly at 2016 and we have to use the old version of visual studio for a full trace of the code.

I loved JustTrace, but now i have to find another similar programs or use the Visual Studio 2013.

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jan 2016, 12:22 AM

I'll pop my 2 cents worth in now.  I use VS2013 Ultimate at work which has the Microsoft IntelliTrace in.  Its ok.  I use VS2015 Professional at home.  I have been using this since the release to market back in July.  I've liked Just Trace, now when I come to do some diagnostics on some code, it is nowhere to be seen in VS2015.

This has made me realise unless you have VS2015 Enterprise or Ultimate, you don't get IntelliTrace.  Given this surely Telerik is not going to drop this product from the thoughts of the emails I have been sent recently?

Can we not just fix it or why not open source it and hand it to the Telerik subscribers to maintain.  Don't drop it just yet.

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 08:07 AM

Now is  a year later. When will Intellitrace support VS2015? What is with VS 2017?

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 08:15 AM

There is still no way to edit a post. Correction:

Now is  a year later. When will JustTrace support VS2015? What is with VS 2017?

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 10:50 AM
Hello Peter,

We are currently evaluating the possible options and we will come out with official statement soon.

Stay tuned.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Kori
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Apr 2017, 05:57 PM
My assumption is they saw the features of 2017 and thought that users wouldn't want their offering anymore - however, I'd say that they offering was better than the built in.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2017, 05:01 PM
Hello guys,

Indeed, we have been performing a research how to proceed with this product and considering the functionality that Visual Studio offers we've made the decision to retire this product.

Please refer to the official announcement here for more information and contact options.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
Kori
Top achievements
Rank 2