This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

JustCode Vanishes from Visual Studio 2010 In Terminal Server Environment

6 Answers 50 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark Gallucci asked on 12 May 2011, 05:42 PM
Our development team has run into an issue with JustCode for Visual Studio 2010.  We have the product installed on one of our terminal servers and for a time it worked fine, appearing in VS for each team member's session.  At some point within the past two weeks, JustCode ceased showing up (no menu options, no code block lines) for every team member.  In fact, it only seems to show up for the first person who opens Visual Studio.  For everyone else, it's as if it never existed.  We have already tried reinstalling the product, but this did not alleviate the issue.

Any suggestions?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2011, 03:19 PM
Hi Mark Gallucci,

Let me first make sure I understand right your environment. What terminal server do you use? Window Server 2008? R2? Do each user connect simultaneously to the server? Do you use Remote Desktop? Do all of you work on the same solution?
It would helps us a lot if you can send us the JustCode logs. You can find them in "%LocalAppData%\JustCode\Logs". You can create a support ticket and send them there.

All the best,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2011, 05:32 PM
We operate under Windows Server 2008 R2 and are using Visual Studio 2010 (version 10.0.30319.1) with Team Foundation Server. We're not all working on the same solution. We've confirmed that this issue does not occur for users with local admin rights. I've created a support ticket and have included the most recent JustCode log. The log appears to support our findings. Any way to circumvent the local admin rights requirement?
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 03:32 PM
Hello Mark Gallucci,

I received the logs you sent me and I am currently investigating the issue.
Truth be told, we haven't test JustCode in such environment and officially we don't support it. But we do support running JustCode under user without admin rights so I will investigate the issue further.

Best wishes,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 06:16 PM
Just to clarify, a user without admin rights *can* access JustCode, just not more than one simultaneously.  On the other hand, multiple users who have admin rights are able to access JustCode simultaneously.
Accepted
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2011, 04:16 PM
Hi Mark Gallucci,

We found the problem and we are currently working on the fix. We just released an internal build, so that fix will be included in the next one, so please, stay tuned. 

Kind regards,
Svetlozar Angelov
the Telerik team
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2011, 05:25 PM
The latest internal build appears to have fixed this issue.  Thank you.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
Mark Gallucci
Top achievements
Rank 1