Is there a any documentation on it like there is for other controls in the "RadControls for Silverlight Made Easy" document?
Can I use this control for data entry?
2 Answers, 1 is accepted
answered on 28 May 2010, 02:44 PM
The control is not yet officially released and currently it is available as a CTP only.
A major update of the control is expected for the Q2 release, so it is best no to use it in any production code yet. A first preview of the new version will be available with the beta in the second week of June.
It will be possible to use the control for data entry, we will catch up with the documentation for the official release of the control.
It will be helpful to know more details about your particular scenario:
- What data are you going to display / edit?
- What are the total number of items you expect at maximum?
- How many columns are you going to display?
- What is the maximum depth of your data?
- Do you plan to use filtering or sorting?
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
1) The data will be from a hierarchical self referencing SQL Server table.
2) The table will have a whole bunch but I expect only 100 items showing at a time
3) 4 columns probably
4) Maybe 6 levels but there is no stated max
5) Yes both filtering and sorting
I am looking for quick and easy data entry along with drag and drop functionality. The quick and easy implies we add to the structure, display the changes on the client while the backend is updated. An indicator would be helpful to indicate if the item is still processing the change and when it is completed in the database. The ability to drag and drop one structure under another is also required.