This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Is JustMock supported in VS2015?

7 Answers 106 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Greg asked on 02 Dec 2015, 07:31 PM
I cannot tell for sure if JustMock is currently being supported in Visual Studio 2015.  It installs and I can see the JustMock menu.  But when I try to create a new project using the JustMock template, it fails and VS gives me an error.  Also, when I try to add Telerik.JustMock as a resource, it is not there.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but nothing hcanges.  So I am wondering if maybe it is currently not supported in 2015. If so, are there plans to support VS2015?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 10:15 AM
Hi Greg,

Yes, JustMock supports Visual Studio 2015. It is a known issue that the JustMock templates don't work. We're currently in the process of updating them.

That said, you should have no problem adding a reference to JustMock in a managed unit test project and enabling the profiler from the JustMock menu in Visual Studio when making elevated test runs. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you add Telerik.JustMock as a resource.

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2015, 03:04 PM

Thanks!  I just wanted to confirm there wasn't something wrong with what I was doing. 

I mistyped "resource" when meaning "reference".  I cannot add Telerik.JustMock as a reference, as I cannot find it listed anywhere.  However, I was able to create a test project in VS 2010 and add it to my VS2015 solution.  So that works fine, and the reference is there, and the JustMock code is working fine.

Best regards, 

Greg

Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2015, 12:19 PM
Hello Greg,

The reference is not listed in the "Add Reference..." dialog. When you right-click on the References folder of your test project, there should be a "Add/Update JustMock Reference..." menu item, which is a shortcut for managing the JustMock reference. In any case, you can find all JustMock assemblies in "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Telerik\JustMock\Libraries".

Regards,
Stefan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jonathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Feb 2016, 11:08 PM

Stefan,

Can you keep me updated on JustMock Visual Studio 2015 templates.  Thanks

Jonathan

Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2016, 07:40 AM
Hi Jonathan,

The VS2015 templates for JustMock are currently being tested. If everything goes okay with that, we will include them in the next release of our product.

I hope this sounds okay.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Ake
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2016, 01:19 PM

Hi Kaloyan

We are using TFS2015 and VSTest fails.

"Telerik.JustMock.Core.ElevatedMockingException: Cannot mock 'module'. The profiler must be enabled to mock, arrange or execute the specified target.

When we use the new method to define builds (i.e. not the XAML one, there it works fine).

Will this also be fixed in a new update? We are using JustMock 2015.2.715.1.

Thanks,

Åke

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2016, 01:08 PM
Hello,

TFS 2015 support is in our todo list, but we don't have specific date yet. I am really sorry about that. 

As an alternative approach I would suggest you set the environment variables that enable the profiler in your build script before executing the tests.

COR_ENABLE_PROFILING=1
COR_PROFILER={B7ABE522-A68F-44F2-925B-81E7488E9EC0}
JUSTMOCK_INSTANCE=1

That way you won't depend on a build server, but that is just a suggestion.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik by Progress
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Telerik team
Greg
Top achievements
Rank 1