This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Installed new just trace version, can't type open square brackets in VS 2010.

3 Answers 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrea asked on 29 Jul 2013, 03:31 PM
Using italian keyboard layout i have to type ALTGR+è to get [ symbol.

Just trace bound a shortcut to same key JustTrace.PerformanceProfiler (CTRL+ALT+è) .

As workaround I disabled all just trace shortcuts from Tools > Options > Environment > Keyboard .

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jul 2013, 08:10 AM
Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reporting this.

It is hard to find shortcuts inside Visual Studio that can be bound without overriding something else :). We believe the ones we are using for enabling the profilers (Ctrl + Alt + ' and Ctrl + Alt + ;) are one of the least used when it comes to Visual Studio addons and extensions. However, as you have reported, it is possible for conflicts to arise.

Disabling our shortcuts should solve the issue, yet you can also replace them with anything you will find appropriate for your environment. This can be done from the same window (Tools > Options > Environment > Keyboard) by adding new shortcuts for the JustTrace commands.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Share what you think about JustTrace & JustMock with us, so we can become even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustTrace, our forums, or our JustTrace or JustMock portals.
Florent
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Aug 2013, 12:36 AM
Thanks I was going totally crazy !!!!! (swiss french keyboard same probleme)

btw I don't understand why u set a shortcut to start JustTrace...For me it's a bit useless.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 08:21 AM
Hi Florent,

I am glad that the problem is resolved.

Since the latest internal builds of JustTrace and JustMock all shortcuts now use Alt+Shift instead of Ctrl+Shift which unfortunately collided with ALTGR shortcuts on some localized keyboards.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik
Share what you think about JustTrace & JustMock with us, so we can become even better! You can use the built-in feedback tool inside JustTrace, our forums, or our JustTrace or JustMock portals.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
Florent
Top achievements
Rank 1