This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Install Sharepoint 2013 Visual Webpart solution on remote server.

3 Answers 85 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Gert Petersen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gert Petersen asked on 24 Apr 2014, 12:34 PM
Hi,
I have developed a Visual Webpart solution on a Sharepoint 2013 Test-Server including some Telerik features.
Now i want to intall this solution on our production server.

How do i do that ?
I guess i have to include some DLL's in the install, like:
- Telerik.Web.UI.dll
- Telerik.Web.Design.dll
- Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll

But how do i get this to Work  ??????????

Please help :-)

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2014, 09:25 AM
Hi Gert,

I can suggest installing the Telerik WebParts for SharePoint to make sure that the dll files are installed on the server.

After that you can verify that the libraries are successfully installed into the GAC and modify the references of the built project to search them into the GAC of the server. I recomend following this blog post about working with GAC.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Gert Petersen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 May 2014, 06:53 AM
Hi,
Thanks for the answer.

You wrote: modify the references of the built project to search them into the GAC of the server.
Does that mean i have to include the DLL files in the pacakage, when i Publish the solution, or what do your mean ?
can't belive that, because theese DLL files are already on the server i will publish to, by  installing the Telerik WebParts for SharePoint.

Br
Gert
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 07 May 2014, 05:55 AM

Hi Gert,

When creating a WebPart solution the references of this project should be from the GAC and not the BIN. A VS deployment to server does not include the dll files and due to that they are searched in the server's GAC folder.

When installing the Telerik WebParts for SharePoint all needed dll files are included into the GAC and therefore you should make sure that all references are set with the correct path to the GAC and all fully qualified name registrations match the used version of the dev environment.

I can suggest following these materials for more information on the matter:

Regards,

Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gert Petersen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Gert Petersen
Top achievements
Rank 1