This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Install Error - 2869 - No Visual Studio Found

16 Answers 206 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Aaron Shi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aaron Shi asked on 04 Dec 2009, 05:16 PM
I'm currently running Vista 32-bit, with Visual Studio 2008 SP1. I have tried install Just Code from the official download build, and the latest internal build as of 12/04/09, all got the same error message during installation:

"This JustCode package rqeuires Visual Studio"

Then second alert box indicates: "Error code is 2869"

Aaron

16 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 10:18 AM
Hi Aaron,

As the error says it seems JustCode installer does not find that VS 2008 is installed. This is a strange problem and you are the only one that has reported it. I guess it is something with your environment.
First, could you send us a log from the installer so we can investigate more:
run the installer like that:
JustCode.msi  /l*v JustCode.log
and send us the JustCode.log file.

To fix your problem, I can suggest you reinstall Visual Studio 2008 and try again.
If you don't want to go through the pain of reinstalling VS, you can run the installer like that:
JustCode.msi DEVENVINSTALLED2008=true
This should force the installer install for VS 2008 and it should work OK.

Greetings,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Lucifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jan 2010, 07:46 PM
I am getting the problem as well.

Using MSI: JustCodeBeta_2009.3.1217_Dev.msi

On Windows 7 32-bit, VS 2008 SP1
arnaud
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jan 2010, 11:42 AM
Hello,

Same than above (but with Windows 7 x64), see support ticket ID 271383 for JustCode.log file.

I tryed installing the msi file using JustCode.msi DEVENVINSTALLED2008=true.
The installation went ok but once in visual studio, I have no new menus, nothing new actually. I don't have a 'JustCode' folder in my  'C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local\' either.

Thank You
Arnaud Boiselle
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:05 PM
What version of Visual Studio do you have installed? Express/Standart/Professional/etc...?

Greetings,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Lucifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:07 PM
I am running Professional.

Did you get my install log?
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:20 PM
Hello Lucifer,
From your log it seems that the problem is that you don't have SP1 for .NET 3.5 framework. SP1 is required for JustCode. Don't you get an installer error saying just that?

Greetings,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Lucifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:21 PM
But I do have .Net 3.5 SP1 installed.

And If I try and reinstall .Net 3.5 SP1... JustCode still gives the same message...
arnaud
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:34 PM
express
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:35 PM
Hello Lucifer,
Can you paste "javascript:html = navigator.userAgent" in Internet Explorer and post the results?

Regards,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 01:40 PM
Hello arnaud,
Unfortunately we can't support express editions because they don't support extensions. We will improve the installer error message.

Sincerely yours,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Lucifer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2010, 07:40 PM
IE... Yuck! ;-)

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; SLCC2;.NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0;.NET CLR 3.0.30618; SLCC1; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2010, 03:06 PM
Hello Lucifer,
My only guess at this point is that you had a CTP/Beta/RC version of .NET 3.5/3.0 or something has gone wrong with the install with .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1. This problem is not reproducible and you are the only one that experienced it.
To further help you with it, please verify that int HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v3.5 you have a DWORD called SP with value 1. If you don't you can try adding this value.
Alternatively, or if the above does not work, you can try uninstalling all .NET Frameworks and installing official 3.5 SP1 again.

Regards,
Ivo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Apr 2010, 01:46 AM
Hi All,

Just to let you know I was also getting this after trying to install the latest version of JustCode.  In my situation on my Windows 7 machine it looked like the uninstall didn't work correctly, and so even though I couldn't see JustCode installed if looked in the registry

under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features and searched for JustCode I found that in the registry JustCode still showed it as being installed.

Once I removed the JustCode keys the installer then worked as expected.

Obviously do a Backup of your registry before you attempt this and be careful what you delete in the regsitry.

I hope this info helps someone out.

Cheers
Sean
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2010, 03:58 PM
You can add me to the list of people that have run into this.

Win7 x64 VS2010 Premium.

I tested my .NET installs using this tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8999004.aspx and they came out fine. I have no registry entries for JustCode. I can send you the log of the install if you can point me to a place to send it.
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 10:03 AM
Hello Charles,

To send us the files please open a support ticket.

To help you further with the issue can you tell me a couple of things:
1. Do you have only VS2010 installed on your machine and if you do is it the latest official RTM version?
2. What version of JustCode do you try to install? Only the latest Q1 SP1 supports the official Visual Studio 2010. Please make sure you use the latest JustCode version.

Regards,
Ivaylo Bratoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Apr 2010, 04:46 PM
Yes it is the latest RTM version and the latest version of JustCode. I will file a ticket with my log file.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Aaron Shi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo Bratoev
Telerik team
Lucifer
Top achievements
Rank 1