This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HubTile exception in Blend 2012 with "cannot convert to GridlayoutPosition"

7 Answers 125 Views
HubTile
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carlos asked on 11 Apr 2013, 02:09 AM

I installed the latest 2013.1. Now every time I add a RadHubTitle,  Blend exceptions (see attached image). 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Windows Phone 8 Q1 2013\Binaries\WindowsPhone\Telerik.*

I works fine in VS 2012 and runs fine in the the emulator and windows phone.  

Please help.

thanks 

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2013, 08:35 AM
Hello Carlos,

I am afraid that I can not reproduce this exception. Also, given the fact that it only occurs in blend is indicative that it might be its fault. Also, the exception states that it cannot convert a type to a type with the same name which may be due to an assembly mismatch. Why Blend loads two different versions of the same assembly is anyone's guess.

You can try uninstalling any previous versions of the controls and install just the latest release in a clean environment.

Greetings,
Victor
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2013, 10:29 AM
Victor,

I uninstalled/re-installed Telerik and blend. Still similar problem.  This issue started after I upgraded to Q1 2013 controls.  See attached excel and file for some more info.  
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 18 Apr 2013, 10:24 AM
Hello Carlos,

Thanks for the info. We will notify you if we figure out what is causing these exceptions. Microsoft makes this extremely difficult however. There is no way we can debug what our code does inside Expression Blend and the exceptions being thrown provide zero information.

Regards,
Victor
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2013, 09:02 PM
After upgading to the latest version, I see the same problem. Sometimes instead of the exception, I get weird errors in VS xaml editor, e.g.

<telerikData:RadListPicker Header="Currency" ItemsSource="{Binding Currencies}" SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedCurrency, Mode=TwoWay}" />

It says "The local property Header can only be aplied to types that are derived from HeaderedItemsControl" and "The local property SelectedItem can only be aplied to types that are derived from RadSelector"

Wtf?
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2013, 11:17 AM
Hello Tomas,
We've found a way to debug the issue, so we are currently working on it.

Regards,
Ivailo Dinkov
Telerik
Till
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2014, 02:22 AM
Could you make any progress on that issue? I guess I have the same problem with RadListPicker using the following code:
<telerikInput:RadListPicker ItemsSource="{Binding AvailableApps}" SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedApp, Mode=TwoWay}">..

Works fine, but fails to load in blend with the following exception:
The local property "SelectedItem" can only be applied to types that are derived from "RadSelector"

This is super annoying and I canĀ“t use the control as I rely on the designer in my project.
Victor
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2014, 07:46 AM
Hi Till,

I am afraid that we were not able to diagnose this issue. We have very little design-time code and it executes normally. After that it crashes somewhere in the Visual Studio assemblies. It messes up the run-time type information somehow and can't match the different properties to their respective types.

Regards,
Victor
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peek previews directly from the developers working on the UI for Windows Phone, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
HubTile
Asked by
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Victor
Telerik team
Carlos
Top achievements
Rank 1