This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

7 Answers 851 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Siingh
Top achievements
Rank 2
Siingh asked on 10 Aug 2010, 01:20 AM
Hi Telerik
Team pulse was working fine last week today i opened teampulse and i got this error 

help please how to resolve this i have restarted services also still not working

Kind Regards:
Hariindarr Siingh
McConnell Dowell SEA

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Siingh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Aug 2010, 01:31 AM
One more thing from IIS console when ever i tried to open website its stopping TeamPulse App Pool.
if i start the App Pool then launch website again it stops the App Pool
Siingh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Aug 2010, 02:47 AM
Ok Found bug
if you ever change your password on domain then you have to reset your username in TeamPulse_APP_Pool.
which is bug why we have to change password and username in team pulse app pool in order to work?

once i have change my password in app pool now team pulse is working

Kind Regards:
Hariindarr Siingh
Accepted
Missing User
answered on 10 Aug 2010, 05:29 PM
Hello Siingh,

Thanks for posting the solution to your problem on the forums. We have logged this as a bug and will look into a fix as soon as we can.

Sincerely yours,
Jesse Dyck
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Rach
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 May 2012, 08:51 AM
Hello,

We are having the same error today:

Service Unavailable

We will try this solution, I hope it works, but if this is still happening you really should think of fixing this.
David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2012, 06:34 PM
Hi Raquel,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Can you please reply indicating if and how you were able to resolve it? If you are unable to resolve the issue I would encourage you to open a support thread with specifics on the error message and an attachment including all of your TeamPulse log files, which can be found in the TeamPulse installer directory under the Logs folder.

All the best,
David Harris
the Telerik team
Rach
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 May 2012, 03:52 PM
Thanks.

We were able to solve the problem with the same solution (setting the password again into the App_pool), but now 

But I'd ask too if you can take a look at this, because we have very strict password policies, so I think that is going to happen every 2 o 3 three months again, and maybe we don't remember how to solve it, or we can't do it if the allowed person is not available, so we could have some days without service, and it's not a very comfortable thing to do.
David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2012, 08:50 PM
Hi Raquel,

Unfortunately it is not possible to avoid re-entering the service password if your company policy enforces that it expire on a routine basis. Many companies have a special rule for service accounts for this very reason, and allow those accounts to avoid password expiration. You may also consider using the LOCALSYSTEM or NETWORKSERVICE accounts as they will not have the issue. Please keep in mind that any account used must be granted the appropriate db_owner and SQL Server user rights in order to function properly.

Regards,
David Harris
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Siingh
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Siingh
Top achievements