So just to confirm what is happening when you attempt to automate the unresponsive Pop Up:
The Pop Up is launched with a Recording Task Bar attached that is fully functional where
1) You can enable/disable Recording
2) You can enable/disable Highlighting
3) You can launch a DOM Explorer Window that is also fully functional and displays the correct DOM tree for the page
Also, was the context menu showing up for some elements on the page, but not others?
We will definitely investigate the problem, so if you could please describe/ post/ send an example of the elements in question and the Window (i.e frames, modal or regular Window).
A few things you might be able to try in the mean time:
1) Disabling/Renabling highlighting or refreshing the page then doing the aforementioned.
2) Enabling Lock Mode by enabling Highlighting, then hitting the F2 key and then right clicking on the element
3) Finding the element in the DOM Explorer Window, right clicking on it, then selecting the Recording Option that should fire and display the context menu for that element
Please get back to us if any of these options work out for you and with any other info you can provide from the above, and if you have any other questions or issues with this or any other aspect of WebUI Test Studio.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.