This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to style the RadListPicker control / Expression Blend 2012

4 Answers 138 Views
ListPicker
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alex asked on 13 Jan 2013, 07:27 PM
Hello,

I would like to change the default style of the RadListPicker instance in my page, especially the style of the full screen pop-up.

For that i'm trying to use Expression Blend 2012 like described here : http://www.telerik.com/help/windows-phone/radlistpicker-styles-and-templates-styling-radlistpicker.html

1. "In the 'Objects and Timeline' pane, select the RadListPicker control you want to style. From the menu choose Object -> Edit Style -> Edit a Copy. You will be prompted for the name of the style and where to be placed."

=> I don't have the "Edit style" menu item when I right-click on the RadListPicker (However I have this option for a Grid control, for instance).

2. "If you haven't generated the default style yet, you can choose Edit Template -> Edit a Copy. It will generate both the style and the template."

=> When I click on "Edit Template / Edit a copy" then nothing occurs. It works if I use the same steps on a RadTimePicker instead of a RadListPicker (a window is opened to name the template/style to generate).

Could you help me ? How can I use Expression Blend correctly ? Eventually could you provide me the XAML fragment I need ?

Thanks,

Alex.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2013, 07:48 AM
Hi Jean-Alexis Aufauvre,

Here is a copy of the Control Template of RadListPicker:

<Style x:Key="PopupHeaderStyle" TargetType="ContentControl">
            <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeMedium}"/>
            <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilySemiBold}"/>
            <Setter Property="Margin" Value="24,55,0,35"/>
            <Setter Property="HorizontalContentAlignment" Value="Left"/>
        </Style>
        <ListPicker:SelectionModeToBooleanConverter x:Key="SelectionModeToBooleanConverter"/>
        <Style x:Key="RadListPickerStyle1" TargetType="telerikInput:RadListPicker">
            <Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>
            <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Top"/>
            <Setter Property="HeaderStyle">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <Style TargetType="ContentControl">
                        <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{StaticResource PhoneSubtleBrush}"/>
                        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeNormal}"/>
                        <Setter Property="Padding" Value="0, 0,0,7"/>
                        <Setter Property="HorizontalAlignment" Value="Left"/>
                    </Style>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="Background" Value="Transparent"/>
            <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{StaticResource PhoneForegroundBrush}"/>
            <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeMediumLarge}"/>
            <Setter Property="PopupHeaderStyle" Value="{StaticResource PopupHeaderStyle}"/>
            <Setter Property="Margin" Value="{StaticResource PhoneTouchTargetOverhang}"/>
            <Setter Property="MinHeight" Value="44"/>
            <Setter Property="BorderThickness" Value="3"/>
            <Setter Property="BorderBrush" Value="{StaticResource PhoneForegroundBrush}"/>
            <Setter Property="ActionButtonVisibility" Value="Collapsed"/>
            <Setter Property="ActionButtonStyle">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <Style TargetType="PhoneTextBox:TextBoxSecondaryButton">
                        <Setter Property="Foreground" Value="{StaticResource PhoneForegroundBrush}"/>
                    </Style>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="PopupOpenAnimation">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <telerik:RadTileAnimation Duration="0:0:.2" InitialDelay="0:0:.08" IsTranslationEnabled="False" InOutAnimationMode="In" PerspectiveAngleY="0" PerspectiveAngleX="90" SequentialMode="FirstToLast"/>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="PopupCloseAnimation">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <telerik:RadTileAnimation Duration="0:0:.2" IsTranslationEnabled="False" InOutAnimationMode="Out" PerspectiveAngleY="0" PerspectiveAngleX="90" SequentialMode="FirstToLast" SequentialItemDelay="0"/>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="Template">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <ControlTemplate TargetType="telerikInput:RadListPicker">
                        <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">
                            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
                                <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
                            </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                            <VisualStateManager.VisualStateGroups>
                                <VisualStateGroup x:Name="CommonStates">
                                    <VisualState x:Name="Normal"/>
                                    <VisualState x:Name="Pressed">
                                        <Storyboard>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Background" Storyboard.TargetName="border">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="White"/>
                                            </ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="BorderBrush" Storyboard.TargetName="border">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="{StaticResource PhoneAccentBrush}"/>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Foreground" Storyboard.TargetName="PopupModeLabel">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="{StaticResource PhoneAccentBrush}"/>
                                        </Storyboard>
                                    </VisualState>
                                    <VisualState x:Name="Expanded">
                                        <Storyboard>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Background" Storyboard.TargetName="border">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="{StaticResource PhoneTextBoxEditBackgroundColor}"/>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="BorderBrush" Storyboard.TargetName="border">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="{StaticResource PhoneTextBoxEditBorderBrush}"/>
                                        </Storyboard>
                                    </VisualState>
                                    <VisualState x:Name="Disabled">
                                        <Storyboard>
                                            <ObjectAnimationUsingKeyFrames Duration="0" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Opacity" Storyboard.TargetName="LayoutRoot">
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="0.3"/>
                                                <DiscreteObjectKeyFrame KeyTime="0" Value="Transparent"/>
                                        </Storyboard>
                                    </VisualState>
                                </VisualStateGroup>
                            </VisualStateManager.VisualStateGroups>
                            <ContentControl x:Name="HeaderPresenter" CacheMode="BitmapCache" ContentTemplate="{TemplateBinding HeaderTemplate}" Content="{TemplateBinding Header}" Grid.Row="0" Style="{TemplateBinding HeaderStyle}"/>
                            <Border x:Name="border" BorderBrush="{TemplateBinding BorderBrush}" BorderThickness="{TemplateBinding BorderThickness}" Background="{TemplateBinding Background}" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" CacheMode="BitmapCache" Grid.Row="1">
                                <Grid x:Name="mainLayout">
                                    <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                        <ColumnDefinition/>
                                        <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"/>
                                    </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                    <telerikInput:RadListPickerItem x:Name="PopupModeLabel" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" MinHeight="{TemplateBinding MinHeight}" Style="{TemplateBinding ItemStyle}" VerticalAlignment="Stretch"/>
                                    <Canvas x:Name="ItemsParent"/>
                                    <PhoneTextBox:TextBoxSecondaryButton x:Name="ActionButton" Grid.Column="1" MinWidth="38" MinHeight="38" Style="{TemplateBinding ActionButtonStyle}" Visibility="{TemplateBinding ActionButtonVisibility}"/>
                                </Grid>
                            </Border>
                            <telerikPrimitives:RadWindow x:Name="Popup" CloseAnimation="{TemplateBinding PopupCloseAnimation}" IsFullScreen="True" IsAnimationEnabled="{TemplateBinding IsAnimationEnabled}" OpenAnimation="{TemplateBinding PopupOpenAnimation}">
                                <telerikPrimitives:RadWindow.ApplicationBarInfo>
                                    <telerikPrimitives:ApplicationBarInfo x:Name="PART_AppBarInfo">
                                        <telerikPrimitives:ApplicationBarButton x:Name="PART_OKButton"/>
                                        <telerikPrimitives:ApplicationBarButton x:Name="PART_CancelButton"/>
                                    </telerikPrimitives:ApplicationBarInfo>
                                </telerikPrimitives:RadWindow.ApplicationBarInfo>
                                <Grid Background="{StaticResource PhoneChromeBrush}" telerik:RadTileAnimation.ContainerToAnimate="{Binding ., ElementName=PopupList}">
                                    <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                        <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
                                        <RowDefinition Height="*"/>
                                    </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                    <ContentControl CacheMode="BitmapCache" ContentTemplate="{TemplateBinding PopupHeaderTemplate}" Content="{TemplateBinding PopupHeader}" Grid.Row="0" Style="{TemplateBinding PopupHeaderStyle}"/>
                                    <telerikPrimitives:RadDataBoundListBox x:Name="PopupList" CheckModeDeactivatedOnBackButton="False" DisplayMemberPath="{TemplateBinding DisplayMemberPath}" IsCheckModeActive="{Binding SelectionMode, Converter={StaticResource SelectionModeToBooleanConverter}, RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}" telerik:InteractionEffectManager.IsInteractionEnabled="True" ItemContainerStyle="{TemplateBinding PopupItemStyle}" Grid.Row="1" Style="{TemplateBinding PopupStyle}"/>
                                </Grid>
                            </telerikPrimitives:RadWindow>
                        </Grid>
                    </ControlTemplate>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="PopupItemStyle">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:RadDataBoundListBoxItem">
                        <Setter Property="Padding" Value="24, 26, 0, 26"/>
                    </Style>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
            <Setter Property="PopupStyle">
                <Setter.Value>
                    <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:RadDataBoundListBox">
                        <Setter Property="FontSize" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontSizeExtraLarge}"/>
                        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilySemiLight}"/>
                        <Setter Property="Background" Value="{StaticResource PhoneChromeBrush}"/>
                        <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>
                        <Setter Property="CheckBoxStyle">
                            <Setter.Value>
                                <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:ItemCheckBox">
                                    <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Center"/>
                                    <Setter Property="Margin" Value="0, 0, -18, 0"/>
                                </Style>
                            </Setter.Value>
                        </Setter>
                    </Style>
                </Setter.Value>
            </Setter>
        </Style>

I hope this helps.

Greetings,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2013, 01:36 PM
Thank you. I added the style you gave in the application resources of the app, but when I set the Style attribute of the RadListPicker control I get the following exception :

[MS.Internal.WrappedException] = {MS.Internal.WrappedException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. ---> System.Exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)

=> Is it possible to debug that ?

The solution I found (which should work for me) is to only change the style of the popup adding the PopupStyle and PopupHeaderStyle attributes to the RadListPicker control.

But I have one last issue: I don't know how to change the header background of the popup (it's always gray, even when setting the background property) :

<Style x:Key="PopupHeaderStyle1" TargetType="ContentControl">
        <Setter Property="Background" Value="{StaticResource PhoneBackgroundBrush}"/>
        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilySemiBold}"/>
        <Setter Property="Margin" Value="24,55,0,35"/>
        <Setter Property="HorizontalContentAlignment" Value="Left"/>
    </Style>

<Style x:Key="PopupStyle1" TargetType="telerikPrimitives:RadDataBoundListBox">
        <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{StaticResource PhoneFontFamilySemiLight}"/>
        <Setter Property="Background" Value="{StaticResource PhoneBackgroundBrush}"/>
        <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Stretch"/>
        <Setter Property="CheckBoxStyle">
            <Setter.Value>
                <Style TargetType="telerikPrimitives:ItemCheckBox">
                    <Setter Property="VerticalAlignment" Value="Center"/>
                    <Setter Property="Margin" Value="0, 0, -18, 0"/>
                </Style>
            </Setter.Value>
        </Setter>
    </Style>

Thanks again for your help,

Alex.
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jan 2013, 08:48 AM
I just saw that the popup header background is forced to gray (Background="{StaticResource PhoneChromeBrush}") in the template, so it cannot be changed in a Setter of the PopupHeaderStyle.

I manage to use and modify the template you gave in the first place, so my problem is solved :)

Thanks.
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jan 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi Jean-Alexis,

Thanks for writing back.

Good to know that you've managed to find a solution.

We will consider this thread closed.

Do not hesitate to let us know in case you have further questions or need assistance.

Regards,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
ListPicker
Asked by
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1