This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to handle 100+ rows and 100+ cols

1 Answer 68 Views
UniformGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Nisse
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nisse asked on 27 Jan 2011, 03:13 PM
I need to display some quite large grids. Some of them have around 100 rows and 100 columns. Each cell will have some plain text in them (textblock). But it runs very slow. I've tried the native Grid and Telerik. Telerik is actually a bit faster. But still, laggy. The native is just horrible. So, the workarounds? 

I tried to just fill the visible cells with data. And capture ManipulationCompleted and even tried the "Scrollstates" in the visualstatemanager to draw/activate cells near the visible area. None has given me the results that I want. 

ManipulationCompleted just captures when the mouse/finger leaves the screen. Is does not take into account that a scrollarea can still scroll for a while after the input device leaved the screen.

"Scrollstates" in visualstatemanager seems to be very slow. There seems to be a little delay and the event is not trigged right after an uielement has stopped scrolling.

Any advice is appreciated.

Best regards
Nisse

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2011, 03:23 PM
Hello Nisse,

we do not support this scenario. Our grid panel is not virtualized and that is why you get the slowdown. What I can recommend you, if it is possible for you, is to use a listbox with virtualized stack panel and make your own templates that can mimic the layout of a grid. For the moment this seems like the only solution for me.

BTW: I'm really interested in your scenario - what data are you displaying on the phone so that you have this requirement?

Regards,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
UniformGrid
Asked by
Nisse
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
Share this question
or