I'm an amateur web app developer and I have always designed and implemented by own webapps. I am too busy with the other aspects of my business to do some work I need, and I do not know how to go about finding someone to implement parts of an webapp I've been working on.
I would appreciate some advice with regard to the following questions:
- If I need someone to build out part of a page, do I pay by the hour, or do I pay by the project? Is there a place somewhere on the internet that lists compensation rates?
- Is there somewhere on the internet where it is best to advertise the job?
- Are projects paid upon completion, before, or some before and some after?
- Would it be better to find someone in my area to work on the project or does it really matter where they are located?
- If I know what I want it to look like, should I mock it up in Photoshop, or is there a different customary procedure?
- My apps are data driven. Should I export a sample database to test against, or is there some other standard procedure?
- Should I include which web browsers the project is targeted against, or is there some standard procedure?
- Is there anything else that I should be asking?
Any help with these questions would be appreciated,