Hide hints like JMA001 in VS

1 Answer 345 Views
Integrations
Lukas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lukas asked on 11 Aug 2022, 09:08 AM

In Visual Studio 2022, the first quick action is often "Create Mock". As this is used in the overlay when hovering over a method, I see "JMA001" quite often, which is not helpful when writing non-test code.

I know that I could create a .editorconfig file to suppress individual hints for every project I work on, but how can I prevent the JustMock hints from being used in the quick actions completely across projects?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2022, 10:19 AM

Hello Lukas,

Thanks for bringing up this interesting topic. Honestly, I am not familiar with editorconfig capabilities in detail, but hope that this article would help you. According to it, all that you need is just to add the desired file at the root directory (usually it is a solution level) of your project.

Regards,
Ivo
Progress Telerik

The Premier Dev Conference is back! 

Coming to you live from Progress360 in-person or on your own time, DevReach for all. Register Today.

Lukas
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 12 Aug 2022, 11:59 AM

Hi Ivo, thanks for answering.

Yes, I know that I can achieve the desired behaviour with an .editorconfig file.
But I wanted to know if we can suppress JMA hints from being picked up across solutions, e.g. via a setting in Visual Studio or JustMock.

Thanks again!
Lukas

Ivo
Telerik team
commented on 12 Aug 2022, 01:38 PM

You are welcome, Lukas! Up to my knowledge, this is the typical way to go. However, having pickup options inside JustMock is a great suggestion for improvements. Thank you for the hint!
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 17 Oct 2022, 04:39 PM | edited

This shouldn't be necessary, but Telerik has added this step for everyone without asking. Very disappointing.

I circled back to this today when I opened up a solution I hadn't worked on in awhile to be greeted with 8,045 messages, because Telerik analyzers are contaminating the Error List.

Mihail
Telerik team
commented on 18 Oct 2022, 08:29 AM

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the feedback. We are aware that this issue is causing a great deal of pain and we will address it in some form with the upcoming service pack, which is expected next month.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Tags
Integrations
Asked by
Lukas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo
Telerik team
Share this question
or