This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grouping in 2010.1.422.1030

8 Answers 50 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
John Thompson asked on 11 May 2010, 11:53 AM
I have a RadGridView from version 2009.3.1314.1030 that the dragging of column headers to the group header worked fine in except for columns where IsGroupable = false.  After upgrading to version 2010.1.422.1030 the grouping no longer works for any column.  Am I missing something or is this a problem?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2010, 08:16 AM
Hi John Thompson,

I could not reproduce the problem in our online demo. In the configurator on the right I selected a column and unchecked the Grouping Allowed checkbox. Then I was unable to group by that column, but grouping on the other columns were fine. Can you let us know what could be different in your case.

Kind regards,
Veskoni
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 May 2010, 12:54 PM
Well, the RadGridView is in a RadDocking.DocumentHost as shown below.  The only difference is the version.  I can try 2010.1.309.1030 to see if it still behaves the same.  Otherwise, I am at a loss.

<telerikDocking:RadDocking.DocumentHost> 
                <telerikDocking:RadSplitContainer x:Name="splitRight" Orientation="Vertical"
                    <telerikDocking:RadPaneGroup> 
                        <telerikDocking:RadPane x:Name="paneHotDates" Header="Hot Dates" CanUserClose="False"
                            <telerikDocking:RadPane.Content> 
                                <telerikControls:RadGridView x:Name="gridReview" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataLoadMode="Asynchronous" ScrollMode="Deferred" IsReadOnly="True" CanUserDeleteRows="False" CanUserInsertRows="False" FrozenColumnCount="2"
                                    <telerikControls:RadGridView.Columns> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewToggleRowDetailsColumn CellStyle="{StaticResource stretchedCellStyle}"/> 

<telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Notes" IsFilterable="False" IsGroupable="False" IsSortable="False"
                                            <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn.CellTemplate> 
                                                <DataTemplate> 
                                                    <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" Margin="8,0,8,0"
                                                        <Button x:Name="bAddNote" Click="bAddNote_Click" Tag="{Binding}"
                                                            <Button.Content> 
                                                                <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"
                                                                    <Image Source="../Images/note.png"/> 
                                                                    <TextBlock Text="Add" Margin="6,2,4,2"/> 
                                                                </StackPanel> 
                                                            </Button.Content> 
                                                        </Button> 
                                                    </StackPanel> 
                                                </DataTemplate> 
                                            </telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn.CellTemplate> 
                                        </telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn> 

<telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Foreign National Type" DataMemberBinding="{Binding bnf_category}" IsGroupable="True" IsFilterable="True"/> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Attorney" DataMemberBinding="{Binding man_aty}" IsGroupable="True" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Headquarters" DataMemberBinding="{Binding hq_name}" IsGroupable="True" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Employer Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding epr_form_name}" IsGroupable="True" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Main Applicant Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding bnf_main_applcnt}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Beneficiary Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding bnf_name}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Relationship" DataMemberBinding="{Binding bnf_relation}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Document Type" DataMemberBinding="{Binding DocumentType}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Expiry Date" DataMemberBinding="{Binding ExpiryDate}" DataFormatString="{}{0:MM/dd/yyyy}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Follow Up Date" DataMemberBinding="{Binding FollowUpDate}" DataFormatString="{}{0:MM/dd/yyyy}" IsFilterable="True" /> 
                                        <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Expiry Status" DataMemberBinding="{Binding ExpiryBucket}" IsGroupable="True" IsFilterable="True" /> 

<telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn Header="Status" GroupMemberPath="Description" SortMemberPath="Description" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Description}" IsFilterable="True"
                                            <telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn.CellTemplate> 
                                                <DataTemplate> 
                                                    <telerik:RadDropDownButton x:Name="ddbChangeStatus" Tag="{Binding}" GotFocus="ddbChangeStatus_GotFocus" Margin="8,0,8,0"
                                                        <telerik:RadDropDownButton.Content> 
                                                            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal"
                                                                <Image Source="../Images/edit_16x16.png"/> 
                                                                <TextBlock Text="{Binding Description}" Margin="6,2,4,2"/> 
                                                            </StackPanel> 
                                                        </telerik:RadDropDownButton.Content> 
                                                        <telerik:RadDropDownButton.DropDownContent> 
                                                            <telerikNavigation:RadMenu x:Name="menuChangeStatus" ItemClick="menuChangeStatus_ItemClick" ItemTemplate="{StaticResource StatusMenuItemTemplate}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Orientation="Vertical"
                                                            </telerikNavigation:RadMenu> 
                                                        </telerik:RadDropDownButton.DropDownContent> 
                                                    </telerik:RadDropDownButton> 
                                                </DataTemplate> 
                                            </telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn.CellTemplate> 
                                        </telerikControls:GridViewDataColumn> 
                                    </telerikControls:RadGridView.Columns> 

John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 May 2010, 01:02 PM
Well, 2010.1.309.1030 produces the same result.  The column headers are not dragable to the group header.  I will downgrade to 2009,3,1314,1030 until this gets resolved.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 May 2010, 01:03 PM
Duplicate due to "Oops" removed.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 May 2010, 01:04 PM
Duplicate due to "Oops" removed.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 May 2010, 02:06 PM
I have this code in the application:

Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.RadDragAndDropManager.AddDragQueryHandler(this, OnDragQuery); 
                Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.RadDragAndDropManager.AddDropQueryHandler(this, OnDropQuery); 
                Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.RadDragAndDropManager.AddDropInfoHandler(this, OnDropInfo); 

If I comment it out, the dragging of column headers works again.  I will adjust the code to handle the GridView columns as well as the ListBox items.
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2010, 08:49 AM
Hi John Thompson,

We have fixed problem regarding the drag & drop header cells available in the latest build. Please give it a try and let me know if this works for you. If not, can you please post the code within the Drag/Drop Query and info methods.

Best wishes,
Tsvyatko
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 May 2010, 12:17 PM
I will attempt to get this done this week but we are moving the application into production and I have an acceptable solution in place for the go live with the understanding that it will be fixed in a future release of my software.  It make's me a little nervous to change too much this late in the game.

Thanks for moving so quickly!  I do appreciate it.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
John Thompson
Top achievements
Rank 2