This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridView Section 508 Questions

1 Answer 55 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rich
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rich asked on 20 Jul 2012, 01:18 AM
I am using version 2011.3.1220.1040 of your Silverlight Controls.  We have an application that is Section 508 Compliant.  Here are my questions.

1) Is there a way to distinguish between Focused and Current for the GridViewCell?  We want to have a single focus adourner so that only one item in our application has focus.  For example, when I tab into the gridview and use arrows to navigate, the cell that has focus has the adourner I want.  But If I tab out of the GridView (and lose focus), I want a different adourner so it does not look like 2 things are focused.  I don't see the proper visual state to change to achieve this.  I only see Current and Selected Visual States and, as far as I can tell, Selected is only when you are editing.  I think I need something like CurrentUnfocused...

2) Is there a way to sort columns using the keyboard?

3) Is there a way to open and close the filter dialog using the keyboard?

Thank You!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Pavel Pavlov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2012, 12:17 PM
Hello Emanuel,

None of the requested behaviors is available out-of-the box.

Regarding point 1 - I believe some external code for manipulating the cell ( switch to a custom  modified style/template on lost focus) might help.

Regarding point 2 and 3 - Again with some external code traversing the visual tree and manipulating the elements it can be achieved . 

The approaches mentioned above would  involve some hacks that may cause future troubles with maintenance and upgrades.  In case you decide to go that way - please let me know so I can be in further assistance.

Kind regards,
Pavel Pavlov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Rich
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pavel Pavlov
Telerik team
Share this question
or