This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridView Group Panel and Reorder Columns not working in Q3 2009 and Skyline Theme

3 Answers 66 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Corey Gaudin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Corey Gaudin asked on 01 Dec 2009, 09:35 PM
I have been trying for the past  2 hours to get the Group Panel and the Reorder columns to work in a simple GridView using the SkyLine Theme (http://gallery.expression.microsoft.com/en-us/skylineria) with a Ria Service Template utilizing the Silverlight 3 Navigation features.

It appears if I go about 50 or so pixels above the Group Panel it registers the drag of the column and will group. The same occurs with the reorder of the columns. It appears that since the Style does a Padding/Margin of about that amount to the Navigation Frame (or border - I cannot tell), it isnt registering that distance when you check for a Mouse Enter in the Group Panel. So because of this I need to overshoot the Group Panel and the Reorder Column Panel by a sizable amount.

Any help? Is there anything I can do on the GroupPanel Property of hte GridView to change that MouseEnter amount?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sven J
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Dec 2009, 08:35 AM
Hi Corey.

I had the same behavior and figured out that it was a DropShadowEffect on an outer Border element that caused it. After removing the effect from the border everything was just fine. There seems to be an issue with the effect and the group panel...

Sven
Corey Gaudin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Dec 2009, 04:40 PM
That was definately it. I really appreciate the response. It does kinda hamper my layout look, but I can deal with it for the time being. Any, Ideas why something like a Pixel Shader effect on a control would effect the Mouse Enter of the Group Panel?
Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2009, 11:34 AM
Hi Corey, Hi Sven,

First of all thank you for the response. At this point we still do not know why would a PixelShader affect the GroupPanel and does this affect anything else for that matter. We will be investigating this scenario and provide necessary fixes should there be the need ones.

Once again thank you for digging into this.

Greetings,
Kalin Milanov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Corey Gaudin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sven J
Top achievements
Rank 2
Corey Gaudin
Top achievements