This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

GridView Filtering Issue Q2 2012

3 Answers 44 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Akshay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Akshay asked on 03 Jul 2012, 03:23 PM
Hi
I have updated my DLL's from Q2 2011 to Q2 2012.
But I am facing a code break in GridView Filter.

The code is:

IColumnFilterDescriptor filterDescriptor = e.ColumnFilterDescriptor as IColumnFilterDescriptor;
string name = e.ColumnFilterDescriptor.DistinctFilter.Member;
It is saying that member "Member" doesn't exist.
Any Pointers?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 03:25 PM
Hi,

We have introduced breaking changes with the Q1 2012 (2012.1.215.1050) version of the RadControls. Please check here for detailed information on all the changes done. 

Greetings,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Ajmal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 01:20 PM

If a user clicks a column header to trigger the sort of that column and then goes into a cell in one of the rows on that same column and clicks away, the RowEditedAction (i.e., Save) is not triggered. The grid automatically sorts based on the new value, which displays in the grid but the new value was not retained in the database and validation was not performed because the Save action was never triggered. 

ACTUAL RESULTS: No warning message occurs, list re-sorts since this value has changed, modification is not saved to the database. EXPECTED RESULTS: Warning message would occur and change would be saved to database since Save action would be triggered on the view model. This could be a bug with Telerik, although my research did not locate anything. But could also be the way UIF implements the RowEditedAction

Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2012, 10:55 AM
Hello,

When you edit a row and you move outside of that row - the RowEditEnded event will be raised. As the collection has changed, the sorting will be re-evaluated.

I am not sure what do you mean by "the RowEditedAction (i.e., Save) is not triggered". Would you please clarify? May ask you what is your ItemsSource? Do you expect the changed values to be automatically saved into your database? 

Regards,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Akshay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Ajmal
Top achievements
Rank 1