This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Customization

2 Answers 18 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
WILLIAM
Top achievements
Rank 1
WILLIAM asked on 17 Jan 2013, 10:13 PM
Good Afternoon.  I'm working some issues with customizing the GridView.  I looked at the online demos and I didn't see anything related to customizing; although I could have missed it.  Do have any online documentation that I can take a look at to see what you are handling out of the box?  The specific issue I'm looking at is the order of the columns in the grid (not the sort order).

I have tried setting the Column.DisplayIndex but some columns are in the correct position, and some are not.

Thanks!!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2013, 09:17 AM
Hello,

Indeed, we do not have a demo showing how to customize the Display positions (the DisplayIndex-es) for the columns. I have attached a sample demo showing how you can change the DisplayIndex at runtime.

Would you please check the solution and let me know how have you implemented your logic, so that you got some columns to not respect this property?

All the best,
Didie
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

WILLIAM
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2013, 03:12 PM
I actually figured it out on my own, and I should have thought of this before I posted.  When I was saving the customization, I was just using the order of the columns in the collection; not the DisplayIndex.  Duh!!

Thanks for your help though
Tags
GridView
Asked by
WILLIAM
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
WILLIAM
Top achievements