This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting Started

2 Answers 94 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rwozniak
Top achievements
Rank 1
rwozniak asked on 28 Jan 2009, 12:11 PM
I downloaded and installed the latest Futures msi but am finding it a bit challenging getting started...not sure if I'm missing something. I'm basically just trying to figure out how to develop w/ Telerik Silverlight components in a VS2008 / Expression Blend 2 environment.

I've opened the Examples solution and have poked through there a bit, but the samples seem to bind components to a hard-coded list of items. I'm looking for real world examples of binding using web services, REST, etc. Do those examples exist anywhere?

After installation, I'm not sure how to get started with dragging Telerik components into my User Controls in Blend and working with them. They don't appear in the Blend Asset Library, and I'm not sure how to get them in there. If I do eventually get them in there, are there any tutorials that help users to get started with using the components in Blend, setting up databinding visually, etc.?

It seems like you have a great set of Silverlight components in the works, but I just can't figure out how to use them. The documentation has some code samples, but I'm more interested in how I can create real-world Silverlight applications in the IDEs (VS2008/Blend).

Thanks,
Ross

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
rwozniak
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2009, 12:31 PM
I'm basically looking for a page like this:

http://silverlight.net/GetStarted/

A couple of quick video tutorials that show basic use of Telerik Silverlight components in Blend 2 and databinding to a web service would be a great start for developers like myself.

Ross

Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2009, 03:20 PM
Hello rwozniak,

We will be definitely preparing such video tutorials soon - Webinars and other Telerik Trainer videos. So stay tuned. New videos will be uploaded regularly

Sincerely yours,
Nick
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
rwozniak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
rwozniak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nikolay
Telerik team