This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Getting error on RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2010 Demos

4 Answers 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Grace Manasseh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Grace Manasseh asked on 29 Mar 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm getting the error attached when i run RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2010 Demos

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 10:19 AM
Hi Grace Manasseh,

Ria Services is required for our Silverlight demos. Could you please download and install the latest WCF Ria Services for Silverlight 3 and try running our demos again.

Sincerely yours,
Milan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Grace Manasseh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 10:27 AM
Thank you Milan
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Apr 2010, 11:43 PM
Hi,

I'm just starting out with silverlight, but unfortunately I installed VS-2010 RC, now I'm, having problems with the same error as described above. My problem is that I cann't install RIA package for VS2008 SP1, because I do not have VS2008 on my machine.
If I install the "WCF RIA Services RC" for VS-2010, I get the same error as above.
Does the Silverlight dem's work with VS-2010 installed or how can I proceed ?

With regards
Stefan
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2010, 12:59 PM
Hello Stefan,

You won't be able to run our examples with this Version of RiaServices. You can install the WCF Ria Services for Silverlight 3 even when you don't have VS2008 installed. Just uninstall the "WCF RIA Services RC" for VS-2010 and start the installation of Ria for VS2008 it will fail and tell you that you don't match the prerequisites and will tell you that you need Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition which is free. Installing it will allow you to install Ria for VS2008. I have done this several times and worked everytime.

If you have more questions I will be glad to help.

Best wishes,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Grace Manasseh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Grace Manasseh
Top achievements
Rank 1