I also want to agree with Todd and Jimmy. I is very frustrating when looking for a particular search.
If including the control's name in the search string is how the results are limited now can Telerik add back the checkboxes and insert the checked items in the search string for us. I do not think it is an acceptable solution to say that now we have to type out the control's name when before all we had to do was check a box. This issue is compounded when we want to search multiple controls for a search string.
Also I really think that the Control Name column needs to be added back to the results. That way we know what control the result is from and don't waste time looking at controls that we do not care about.
The way the results are returned is very confusing. I just tried a search for the word Ajax since I knew it would return a lot of results. I got a page that said at the top "Results 1 - 10 of about 2700 for ajax. Search took 0.23 seconds.
" No where on the page did i see any way to page to see the rest of the results. It took a while to realize the statement at the bottom. "In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 10 already displayed.
If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.
It isn't until yu click this that you get the ability to page the results. I think that this process should be reversed. Giving us the results with the paging option first and then if we want to limit the results do that. It could even be a configuration option in our settings incase some may want it the current way.
I think that Telerik has taken a step back on their forum. Just my $.02