This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

First impressions of Q1 2010 beta

5 Answers 50 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
Manuel Felício asked on 22 Feb 2010, 12:30 PM
Hi,

First of all I would like to congratulate Telerik for the effort that has been put into the Q1 2010 version of RadControls. The themes are much more better looking, some bugs we had are gone and our app looks better with less effort.

However, some bugs still remain and others have been introduced. The problem that I described here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/issues-regarding-radgridview-column-headers-and-displayattribute.aspx still remains. 

The new bug we found is related to RadButtons, (maybe commanding), and ChildWindows. We have RadButtons bound to commands in the ViewModel and some operations require the use of ChildWindows which will change the background opacity of the current page. When the childwindow closes, the opacity goes back to normal but the buttons visual look like it is disabled, although they are enabled.

Keep up the good work.

MF.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 12:24 PM
Hi Manuel,

Thank you reporting the issues.

Actually there are some glitches in our buttons. As you already mentioned the look of the button do not repair after enabling happens. The other unfinished part is the IsChecked state - when the button (toggle, radio, split) is checked and disabled the look is pretty sharp like in an enabled control. However regardless these visual glitches buttons should function correct.

PS: According your report we updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 10:29 PM
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed the buttons work correctly, despite the visual glitches. Haven't tried the toggle button to see what happens in the IsChecked state but will do when I have time.

Thanks for the points. I'll keep reporting whatever bugs/strange behaviors I find. The better your controls become the more satisfied my company will be :)
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 12:14 PM
Hello again,

I'm skipping the "i love this, I love that part" but I'd like to thank you for the great work and effort you've put into radcontrols for silverlight. So far we haven't found any other set of controls better than yours.

The buttons "fade" problem described in this thread is fixed in this version. Thank you.

The gridview headers integration with DisplayAttribute isn't fixed yet (when gridview's ItemsSource collection impements both ICollectionView and IEnumerable<T>). Any progress on this one?

Thanks,

MF.
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 01:00 PM
Hello Manuel,

Thanks again for your kind words.

Regarding your problem with RadGridView's column auto-generation we are already working on a fix and it should be available in one of our next latest internal builds.

All the best,
Stefan Dobrev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Mar 2010, 02:39 PM
Hi Stefan,

It's nice to know that! That means it will (hopefully) be available in Q2 or a Q1 SP1?

Best regards,

MF.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan
Telerik team
Manuel Felício