This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Filters

5 Answers 79 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Celeste asked on 08 Jul 2010, 06:17 PM
Hi:

I would like to know how I can resolve this issue.
When the number of items in the listbox is big, sometimes the box moves up, and this allows to see every item, but sometimes it stays in its place and in such cases I can not see all the items.

I hope you can help me.

I'm attaching two images. In two cases, filter is applied to the second gridview. The first with the expected behavior.

ps: I am using silverlight 3 and last binaries.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 09:46 AM
Hello Celeste,

This decision is taken by the Popup Manager base on the available space. In both pictures you have only one distinct value and it is visible. Where exactly is the problem? Could you please elaborate?

Greetings,
Ross
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 01:47 PM

Hi:

Excuse me because of the images. It was not a good example to show the problem, though it can be seen the popup appears cutted.

I attached you a screenshot which was taken by our client.

Celeste.

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 02:21 PM
Hello Celeste,

I now see what you mean. This happens because the pop-up goes outside the Silverlight area on the web-page. The only thing that can be done to avoid this would be to reduce the size of the FilteringControl or to move the grid up and provide room for the control.

You can reduce the height of the FilteringControl by editing its template. More about styling you can learn here. This topic is general, but we will apply it to the FilteringControl.

I have prepared a sample project that changes the template of the filtering control of the first column. I have changed the MaxHeight of the distinct values list box to be 48. You can further tailor this template to suit your needs. You will find the different parts of the control inside and you are free to adjust them any way that you want.

In case you want to change the template of ALL filtering controls you can use a global Style instead of a named one.

Alternatively, you can develop your very own custom filtering control like described in this blog post.

Let me know if there are problems.

Best wishes,
Ross
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
DeveloperDame
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Dec 2010, 12:49 PM
Hi Ross,

We are having this problem as well, it looks like the filter does not initially know what position it is at and as soon as it is rendered it knows. This means that if you click the filter again after the initial click it renders correctly. Do you have an estimated time for this fix?

Sara
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2010, 01:07 PM
Hi DeveloperDame,

We have fixed this and the default filtering control should work as expected out of the box. We will release a Service Pack later this week.

Let us know if there are problems after you upgrade to the service pack.

Greetings,
Ross
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for Silverlight
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1