This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

few issues

1 Answer 113 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 01 Feb 2011, 03:09 PM
Hi Community,
 I still have 2-3 issues with the radscheduleview. I'm not sure if it's intended but I think it's not.

First one, when editing and appointment, in the event AppointmentEditing, if I set e.cancel = true, the editing windows still shows up on double click of an appointment. I didn't find any work around to avoid this.
( Edit note:
1. The e.cancel = true is cancelling the resizing/moving of an appointment but do not prevent the editing windows to popup on an appointment double click.
2. Same behavior for the deleting event. The dialog popup even if e.cancel = true)
( 2nd edit: You can use the showdialog method to cancel the popup to be opened. Thx for the admin for a quick answer to my ticket.)

Second one, the VisibleRangeChanged event is fired too early. The visible range didn't had time to change and if you try to refresh the appointment for the date range (via WCF call in my case), it will be the last range shown instead of the new one. (edit: myScheduleview.VisibleRange.Start and myScheduleview.VisibleRange.end is updated properly so this issue can be disregarded.)

Third one, when clicking on the top right arrows or calendar, you need to click twice for the event to be raised.
- this one was already reported in another thread I think -

Mike

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
George
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2011, 02:28 PM
Hi Mike,

I will paste my answer here:

1. The AppointmentEditing event doesn't stop the AppointmentDialog - it only makes it read-only. To prevent the dialogs from showing you need to handle the ShowDialog event and to cancel it (by setting e.Cancel = true). This event is fired for every kind of dialog in the ScheduleView, so you might need to check which kind of window is going to show up. To do that you could check the DialogViewModel property of the event arguments.

2. The same is for the deleting the appointments - the dialog is shown before actual deleting and it cannot be stopped by stopping the delete action.

Also, I would suggest you to use VisibleRange property.

All the best,
George
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
George
Telerik team
Share this question
or