This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Expander problem in RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2011

17 Answers 265 Views
Expander
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Josip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Josip asked on 16 Mar 2011, 04:20 PM
Hi,

I have noticed strange behaviour in latest build (RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2011)

see images "before", "now"and "code" for more details.
when i comment expander it works ok

17 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 08:23 AM
Hi there,

I have also installed the latest build i.e. Q1 2011 and am facing issues with expander. The expander i have has tab control in it which inturn has radgridview and raddatapager. Before installing the Q1 2011 update it use to work fine but now i an mot able to see any controls. It seems that the controls are compressed to the left as i can see only raddatapager but no other controls.

Thank you,
Ivan Paul
Kwinten Volckaert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 09:50 AM
I'm facing the same problem since 2011 Q1...
I was close to releasing the site, but now I do not know how to fix this in time
Ivan Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 10:15 AM
hi Kwinten,

Until Telerik releases a fix or gives a workaround, you can always downgrade the telerik controls version from VS 2010 and go ahead with your release.

Thank you,
Ivan Paul
fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 02:30 PM
+1
In my case it is an expander placed in a DockPanel (Dock.Top) but it does not strech to the panels width.
Have not found a work around yet.
/Flemming
Accepted
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 07:15 PM
Hi All,

Please accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience. During the last Q the expander control went under extensive changes. Our goal was to improve the performance of the control and fix many of the bugs. Unfortunately we have introduced an issue related to the Alignment properties, which is already fixed and you should be able to download it with our next internal build.

I also attached the updated RadExpander ControlTemplate and style that should resolve your issues. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you or if we can further assist you.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team
fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi,
The control template fixed part of the problems.
The expander contents (a RadGridView) is stretched to the panel width;
but the controls I have in Expander.Header are not correct.
(I have a DockPanel in the Header with various controls docked left and right).

Looks like the Header content width is not following the expander width.

/Flemming
Accepted
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 09:51 PM
Hello Flemming Clausen,

In a basic scenario I'm not able to see improper content alignment in the header. I've attached a sample application with the modified RadExpander control template DLLs. Can you take a look at it and modify it, or post a xaml fragment for the header, in order to simulate the issue.
I'm looking forward to your answer.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team
fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Mar 2011, 10:37 PM
Sorry; but I can't load your project. but did have a look at the code.
In my program I use a usercontrol as Expander.Header content:

<telerik:RadExpander Grid.Row="0" Grid.RowSpan="2" IsExpanded="{Binding ShowPipeSystems}"
                          ExpandDirection="Down" Background="Transparent" Style="{StaticResource RadExpanderFix}" >
                                <telerik:RadExpander.Header>
                                <view:MainPageCommandBar Margin="0,-5,-5,-5"/>
                            </telerik:RadExpander.Header>
. . . . .

The usercontrol is like this:
    <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">
        <tDock:RadDockPanel LastChildFill="False" Background="Transparent" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
                            MouseLeftButtonDown="RadDockPanelMouseLeftButtonDown">
            <HyperlinkButton tDock:RadDockPanel.Dock="Left" Content="{Binding cmSave, Source={StaticResource cmStrings}}"
                             Command="{Binding SaveCommand}" />
.....(more code)

<StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal" tDock:RadDockPanel.Dock="Right">
                <HyperlinkButton Content="{Binding cmCalculate, Source={StaticResource cmStrings}}"
                                 Command="{Binding CalculateCommand}" />
            </StackPanel>
        </tDock:RadDockPanel>
    </Grid>

This used to work in 2010 Q3 (and before)
/Flemming

fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 12:01 PM
Hi,
Can load the test project now (thanks), and notice this has the same problem as I described.
(It was not because I used a usercontrol, as I thought for a moment)
The Dockpanel does not extend to the width of the header (try change background of DockPanel) so the control I want to show 'Right docked' is still in the middle of the header.

I really hope you can find a solution; before I decide to rool back to Q3.

Regards
Flemming

BTW:
I have a GridView in the expander content, and for some reason, it shows a horizontal scroolbar allthoug the columns are set to only use avaliable space (using * option in width property), not sure if this is an expander or gridview issue).
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Flemming Clausen,

Indeed, you correctly described the inappropriate behaviour and I missed what you had in mind. Currently I'm investigating the issue and working on a workaround and we will get back to you as soon as we are done.

Regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2011, 07:55 PM
Hello All,

I've prepared a runnable sample with the update control template you should use in order to solve the issues related with the alignment.

By removing the applied style you should be able to experience the buggy behaviour described early.

<telerik:RadExpander x:Name="theexpander" Background="Green"
    Style="{StaticResource RadExpanderStyleSL_FIX}"...>

This fix should be available in the beginning of next week with our latest internal build.

Hope this will solve your issues. Let us know if you have more hurdles or question.

Kind regards,
Hristo
the Telerik team
fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Mar 2011, 08:24 AM
Working as expected now; Thank you.
But please tell me what to do in my original project,
I'm using a costum theme (modified transparent) and as soon as I activate this, all errors are back (including the contents problem)
Without the theme, everything is fine.
What to do and where ????

regrads
Flemming
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Flemming Clausen,

If you can send us your custom theme we will implement all necessary changes for you.

Looking forward towards your reply,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
fbc
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 Mar 2011, 10:25 AM
Thank you;
just 'fix' Telerik Transparent Theme source (XML); I only have a few changes of my own, and these are easy to implement again
(if your changes affects any of mine)

/Flemming
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Flemming Clausen,

In the Themes project attached to the other thread you started, you can find the Transparent theme files as well. Please let us know if they work for you or if you need more info.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Simon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 09:42 PM
Hello Tina,

Does it mean that the RadExpander header stretch issue won't be fixed?

Even if your solution can be used as a workaround for Flemming Clausen issue, it does involve a lot of XAML management all over the place.  I'm probably not the only one missing the old RadExpander Header stretch but if you say it can't be fixed, then I'll review the way I manage my layout.

Regards,

Simon

Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Simon,

The RadExpander issue is already fixed. You can test it with the latest internal build.

Let us know whether the fix works for you or if you need more info.

Best wishes,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Expander
Asked by
Josip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kwinten Volckaert
Top achievements