This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Excel export

19 Answers 202 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeroen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeroen asked on 30 Jul 2012, 12:57 PM
Hi,

pivotGrid looks nice, especially collapsing columns is great feature.

I was wondering if the advanced Grid features like export to Excel (or save and load layout) is also (planned) to be supported in this PivotGrid.

thanks in advance for your anwser

regards

Jeroen

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2012, 07:19 AM
Hi,

Export functionality is on our to-do list and will be introduced in the future. At the moment I am hesitant to give you an exact time frame but the feature will be included in the first official release.

All the best,
Milan
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

danparker276
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Aug 2012, 12:06 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the new control. It would also be cool when you implement this, to also have a built in export to excel for regular gridviews too.
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2012, 08:12 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the great feedback.

All the best,
Milan
the Telerik team

Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Nov 2012, 04:01 PM
Hi Guys,
I too am interested in the excel export function for the pivot grid.

Has the first official release happened yet? Any indication of when this function will be available on the pivot grid?

Adrian
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Nov 2012, 04:40 PM
Hi Adrian,

The official release is planned for Q1 2013. Our team is working really hard to provide all features and export functionality is in on to-do list. It should be ready for the official release.

Thank you for choosing RadPivotGrid. If you have faced any problems with this control, don't hesitate to contact us. All feedback is highly appreciated.

Greetings,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

sysinfradev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 12:55 PM
Hello,

I am also interested in the Excel/CSV export functionality for the pivot grid.

Thank you
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 22 Nov 2012, 04:35 PM
Hello,

As I said in my previous post - the export functionality is in our to-do list and we'll do our best to include it in RadPivotGrid for its official release.

Thanks for choosing RadPivotGrid. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any suggestions or concerns.

All the best,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Feb 2013, 01:27 PM
Is the export to excel feature in pivot grid still on the schedule for the first release in year 2013

if so what is the expected date of release and can we get our hands on the beta version.

thanks
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 11:58 AM
Hello manish,

Export to excel is still in our to-do list and unfortunately it will not be included in our official release. We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

If you want to get the Beta version of RadPivotGrid, you can just download one of  our latest release (official or internal, no matter) and use RadPivotGrid. If you mean Beta of the official release for RadControls, I have to inform you that we are no longer providing beta releases. You can download our latest internal builds under your account if you want to test some of our newest features. The official release is planned for the end of February.

Hopefully this helps. Feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or concerns.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

manish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 12:46 PM
is there a new estimated date for release of "Export to excel" functionality.
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 12:53 PM
Hello,

This feature is planned for our Q2 release. Of course if it is ready earlier we will include it in one of our Service Packs. In the moment I cannot give you exact dates of these releases.

We are sorry for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
the Telerik team

Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jun 2013, 05:16 PM
Hi Telerik,

I'm just wondering if you had an update on this export feature? I notice this feature keeps getting pushed out so I'm just registering my eagerness still to get it ASAP :-)

Thanks

Adrian
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2013, 06:29 PM
Hi Adrian,

Export feature is available since our 2013 Q1 SP1. We have included this functionality in the mentioned release. You can test it immediately in our online demo. More information is available in our online help.

I also suggest you to take a look at out 2013 Q2 beta release and the new demos here.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jun 2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Rosen,

Apologies. I see my mistake. I posted this query in the siliverlight section as opposed to the asp.net ajax section. I was wondering when the export to excel would be available in the pivot grid in asp.net ajax controls.

Thanks
Adrian
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jun 2013, 06:32 AM
Hi Adrian,

I've checked your question with our ASP.NET AJAX team. The export functionality will be available with the official release, which is just around the corner. You should be able to download it in the next few days. I suggest you to follow our blogs and official page for further information. If you have any other question, please open a new thread in the ASP.NET AJAX forum.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik

Sanju
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Rosen,

I am using radPivotGrid to solve my requirement. please see below attachment.

Carrier Description Carrier Description Carrier Description Carrier Description
Min Dollar Mark Up % Min Dollar Mark Up % Min Dollar Mark Up % Min Dollar Mark Up %
Customer 1
Customer 2
Customer 3

Row-> Customer Names (Such as Advantage North American - Retrieved from data source); Main Column-> Carrier Name(Such as 'A duie Pyle' - Retrieved from data source ); Sub  column headings: Minimum and MarkUp ( This need to set as manual text); below Datafields are Minimum and Markup values from data source. Please see attached documents of my required output and the result using pivot grid. Please suggest me on this. And I also would like to export it to excel.

Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik team
answered on 31 Jul 2013, 07:56 AM
Hi Sanju,

Telerik has RadPivotGrid in four different platforms - WinForms, WPF, Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAX. May I ask you which platform are you using? This forum is related to RadPivotGrid for Silverlight, but from your attachment it looks like you are using our RadPivotGrid for ASP.NET AJAX. If this is the case, please open a new forum thread here.

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Rosen Vladimirov
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Serkan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 May 2015, 11:25 AM

hi , 

if the pivotgrid is too big, 

then the silverlight application hangs.. 

and i could not find a workaround for non-blocking excel export.. 

can you please provide a sample for backgroundtask or any other method that will not hang the browser..

Polya
Telerik team
answered on 11 May 2015, 10:34 AM
Hello Serkan,

The GenerateExport() method of the RadPivotGrid uses the UI thus, I am afraid, the UI cannot be released while this operation is in progress. The only thing I can suggest is to try to open the RadPivotGrid in new window from where to call the exporting so that the main UserControl can be used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Polya
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Jeroen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
danparker276
Top achievements
Rank 2