This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Errors in Xaml After Upgrading to latest Rev(2013.3.1316.1050)

4 Answers 200 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
stevea
Top achievements
Rank 1
stevea asked on 05 Feb 2014, 09:13 PM
I know its probably something else causing this, but if anyone else has seen this type of behavior, I'd appreciate  the feedback 

Whenever I open Xaml with grids on the page I get all kinds of errors.

I notice if I do a Clean and then a rebuild of the whole project it goes away for a little time, but then it comes back at some point.

We were on 2012.1.0314.1040

​The local property "CellStyle" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewColumn". 
The local property "IsReadOnly" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewColumn".
The local property "Columns" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl".
The local property "IsSortable" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewColumn". 
The local property "IsFilteringAllowed" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl". 
The local property "CellStyle" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewColumn".
The local property "CanUserSortColumns" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl".
The local property "CanUserResizeColumns" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl".
The local property "AutoGenerateColumns" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl".
The local property "AlternateRowBackground" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl".
DependencyProperty Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl. AutoGenerateColumns cannot be set on an object of type Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadGridView.
The local property "CanUserFreezeColumns" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl". 
The local property "RowIndicatorVisibility" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl". 
The local property "ShowGroupFooters" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl"
The local property "Sorting" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewDataControl". 
The specified value cannot be assigned to the collection. The following type was expected: "GridViewColumn".
The local property "TextWrapping" can only be applied to types that are derived from "GridViewColumn".

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
stevea
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 09:16 PM
I really wanted to edit that post but it doesn't seem to have that option in the forum.
note that if you run or debug, the code runs fine.

Just when you open the xaml in the editor it has all of these errors
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2014, 02:39 PM
Hello Steve,

First, I would ask you to check the references to the Telerik assemblies in your project - they should be of the same version and from the same location.  Also please check whether you've referenced all the required dlls for the used controls.
Other than that,  there is a similar issue logged in Microsoft Connect, you can check it at the following link:
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/749717/the-local-property-xy-can-only-be-applied-to-types-that-are-derived-from-yz

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Feb 2014, 05:17 PM
I just had the same issue, but got fixed by updating the Toolbox from Telerik - UI for Silverlight - Launch Toolbox configurator
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2014, 07:28 AM
Hi Pedro,

Thank you for sharing the solution.

Regards,
Yana
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
stevea