Error Messages when attempting to load WebUI Test Studio (dev) in VS2010

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Jameson
    Jameson  avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Hey Guys,

I upgraded myself to VS2010 Professional and downloaded the latest version of WebUI Test Studio Dev. Currently, whenever I attempt to open a new test or load an existing one I get two errors (see attached). These errors make the product unusable; for my intentions. Is there some sequence of installation that I am missing?

Mind you, the installation process worked flawlessly. I only encounter these errors when attempting to work with WebUI Test Studio (dev)
  2. Answer
    Steve
    Steve avatar
    1885 posts

I think #1 is related to needing to "Run as Administrator" VS2010 when you load it
  3. Jameson
    Jameson  avatar
    2 posts

Thanks Steve!
  4. Keaegan
    Admin
    Keaegan avatar
    126 posts

Hi Jameson Stone,

The first picture you provided does tell us what is going on for the application. This is the error message received when an account that is not an Administrator attempts to access WebUI Studio.

We can suggest the following two options:

1. Use a Windows Administrator account to use WebUI Studio
    2. Use the Microsoft link in the provided file and follow the steps to add the necessary permissions for this account (and circumvent the need for having an Admin account)
    Either option should work fine for you. Please let us know if you have questions on the above.

This is most likely occurring at this point due to the account not being Admin, and Windows now needs updated permissions for your account in order to allow access.

Regards,
    Keaegan
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items