This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

9 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 09 Jan 2014, 11:11 AM

Hi

I always get the error message: "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component". When I restart VS 2013, the error is gone again! This is very troublesome.

What I did:

• installed "RadControls for Windows Phone 8 Q3 2013" using Control Panel
  • created folder "ReferencedBinaries" in my solution and copy all *.dll (incl. subfolders)
  • references added to the project (Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Primitives, Telerik.Windows.Core)
  • changed HintPath for the 3 references in project file (..\ReferencedBinaries\Telerik\WP8" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for Windows Phone 8 Q3 2013\Binaries\WindowsPhone"
  • added namespace xmlns:telerikInput="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input" in xaml file
  • added DatePickerControl (<telerikInput:RadDatePicker/>)

How can I solve this issue?

Thanks

Michael

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2014, 01:10 PM
Hello,
You are using SP1, aren't you?
That issue should be fixed into it. Please, check what is the version of the assemblies Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Primitives, Telerik.Windows.Core- it should  be 2013.3.1127.3040.

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2014, 01:20 PM

Hi Ivo

Thanks for your reply!

I downloaded the assemblies yesterday. All of them have the Version 2013.3.1127.3040!

Michael

Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2014, 08:04 AM
Hi,
Thank you for the details!
We would like to ask you some more details:
  • exact version of VS2013 you are using?
  • is the error reproducible when the Telerik's  controls are uninstalled?
  • could you, please check for any old folders from previous installations of the controls (if there were such)

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jan 2014, 09:06 AM

Hi

I use Visual Studio Premium 2013.

I have installed the Telerik controls for the first time!

Regards

Michael

Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2014, 11:24 AM
Hello Michael,
Considering your answer, it reduces the reason to a private case, that we've missed when fixing the issue- we will revise the fix.
You've missed only to answer to one of my questions- is the error reproducible when the Telerik's  controls are uninstalled?

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Rohit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2014, 04:53 AM
I'm having the same issue.  Is there a fix for this?
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 04:52 PM
Hello Rohit,

Thanks for writing.

We are not able to reproduce this issue on our side with the latest versions of our controls and Visual Studio.

Can you please make sure that you are using our latest version? If the issue persists, it will be really helpful if you manage to send us a sample project in a ZIP archive that we can use to reproduce the case on our side.

Thanks for your time!

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 05:03 PM

Hi

Sorry for my late reply, but I had to verify my changes.

Since I reference telerik assemblies in GAC (don't reference the assemblies in ReferencedBinaries folder), I could no longer be able to reproduce this error!

But this is a Workaround only, because I have to check in the dlls for build Server!

Michael

Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2014, 08:04 AM
Hi Michael,

Thank you for the follow up. We'll be investigating a possible fix for the upcoming releases. 

Regards,
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivo
Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1