This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component

1 Answer 234 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1
Doug asked on 16 Feb 2009, 11:42 PM

I have seen a couple of similar post related to this error but I think I am experiencing something slightly different.
I am working with a RadGridView nested inside a Tab set. The project works normally when the Gridview is added to the default xaml file (page.xaml) but when I try to refactor the the page and extract the Grid and some related code to a silverlight user control I encounter the following error.

Even if I create a blank silverlight usercontrol and try to drag in a new RadGridView I get the same error.

Thanks

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr) at MS.Internal.XcpImports.RenderTargetBitmapRender(HostingRenderTargetBitmap bitmap, UIElement visual, Int32& dirtyX, Int32& dirtyY, Int32& dirtyWidth, Int32& dirtyHeight) at System.Windows.Interop.HostingRenderTargetBitmap.Render(UIElement visual) at MS.Internal.Silverlight.Host.RuntimeInterop.RenderElementToTargetBitmap(Int32 elementKey, Int32 targetBitmapIdentifier) at MS.Internal.Silverlight.Host.Interop.RenderElementToTargetBitmap(Int32 element, Int32 targetBitmapIdentifier, ISilverlightContentDownloadCallback urlcallback) at MS.Internal.Silverlight.Host.CiderSilverlightImageHost.CiderInternalImage.UpdateBitmap() at MS.Internal.Silverlight.Host.CiderSilverlightImageHost.CiderInternalImage.UpdateTree() at MS.Internal.Silverlight.Host.CiderSilverlightImageHost.CiderInternalImage.MeasureOverride(Size constraint) at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize) at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize) at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout() at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr) at MS.Internal.XcpImports.FrameworkElement_MeasureOverride(FrameworkElement element, Size availableSize) at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize) at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.MeasureOverride(Size availableSize) in r:\WPF_Scrum\SilverlightAll_Team\Sources\WPF\GridView\GridView\GridViewDataControl.cs:line 738 at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureOverride(IntPtr nativeTarget, Single inWidth, Single inHeight, Single& outWidth, Single& outHeight)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 20 Feb 2009, 07:35 AM
Hi Doug,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce such issue locally  - can you send us small example where this can be reproduced and debugged via support ticket?

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Doug
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Share this question
or